Rolling Thunder Forums

spies,spies

rotor911

I got the following message on a conquered for some time now world :

Dorian Rojo # 969 spies were spotted sneaking around on xxxxx - 4 and were prevented from obtaining classified information. Your counterespionage agents reported that they were unable to capture the alien spies.

Dorian Rojo being the old owner and the position apparently being dropped for several months when I conquered the world.

It can mean 2 things :

- either the agents don't disappear when you conquer a world but stay "undercover" in the pop group where they resided. They're inactive but were "detected" on a random occurrence by my own agents.

- either "Dorian Rojo" is back in the game and sent agents on his old homeworld, preparing his triumphal return. I think that it's the least probable cause but it could be annoying so I'd like to discount it completely.

Could somebody infirm or confirm, based on direct experience, that the agents present on a conquered world stay there as newly alien spies? Thanks!

Spies on conquored HWs continue to function, whethor the position is dropped or not. Additionally, it is impossible to pick up a former position you have dropped that has been conquered. I tried to pick up a former position, and it no longer exists.

Lord Uriel

Warning, thread hijack!

I find your quotes terribly interesting and perhaps rather foreboding. Thanks for putting them into your tag line. :cheers: Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it....again.....and again....and again..... :laugh:

And perhaps those who don't read Sci-Fi are also at a disadvantage, and not just because they limit their scope of enjoyable diversions. :cheers:

Octus

I find your quotes terribly interesting and perhaps rather foreboding. Thanks for putting them into your tag line. :cheers: Those who don't study history are doomed to repeat it....again.....and again....and again..... :laugh:

And perhaps those who don't read Sci-Fi are also at a disadvantage, and not just because they limit their scope of enjoyable diversions. :cheers:

Octus

I always liked the version that was used in the Sci-Fi series Andromeda:

Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are just doomed"

Good Cheer,

Rick

I always liked the version that was used in the Sci-Fi series Andromeda:

Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do study history are just doomed"

The Seven Clans of Una have recently started to discover rumours of their past and they sure don't intend to repeat them... but it might be a more interesting story if it goes the other way... :cheers:

But I am quite a few cycles ahead now... :laugh: