Rolling Thunder Forums

Exploration finds

WKE235

Bwa-ha-ha! You may all tremble in fear. My explorations have uncovered the secrets of the Earth Fusion Generator. Bwa-ha-ha!

Well, maybe not the secrets of the Earth Fusion Generator. But I've located plans that my brillant scientists can decipher to give me the secret.

Hmmm.... Perhaps plans is to strong of a word. It appears to be more of some notes scribbled on a napkin that was left in a desk draw at an abandoned science outpost on this little airless moon. And it wasn't even a clean napkin. And it may have been drawn in crayon. But nevermind that, now that I know this posibiltiy exists, it will not be long til I discover this ultimate power source .. or weapon .. or maybe a high grade star ship wax (damn those crayon smudges). Look apon my napkin and fear me!

(Ya know, some of the things you dig up in explores are just amazing. Of course after 5 years I'm still trying to get to the NWTX-4000 Planetcracker we uncovered on some pottery shards. Anyone care to share some of there interesting named finds, just for fun)?

Other than the Mk I Flag Bridge (which was a nice find) the most interesting item the Sabeli ever discovered was the Antimatter Transwarp Drive. Now I know that that sounds very boring, especially since I now make several of them every turn. However, consider that I found this about turn 18, it means that I found it before most if not all empires even had Nuclear Transwarp Drive or had even heard of Transwarp Drive. For those newbies, I'll remind you that Transwarp Drive was to ship movement what the Flag Bridge has become (or is becoming) for space battles.

:python:

Other than the Mk I Flag Bridge (which was a nice find) the most interesting item the Sabeli ever discovered was the Antimatter Transwarp Drive. Now I know that that sounds very boring, especially since I now make several of them every turn. However, consider that I found this about turn 18, it means that I found it before most if not all empires even had Nuclear Transwarp Drive or had even heard of Transwarp Drive. For those newbies, I'll remind you that Transwarp Drive was to ship movement what the Flag Bridge has become (or is becoming) for space battles.

:python:

I also remember a few interesting hints of weapons in those early days as well that tended to drive the direction of some folks research. Finding information on the Hellbores or Disruptors was actually quite fun. And others like Neutralite Armor, or Negative Nova Bomb. Sometimes I wonder if these are even in the game, or, items Pete put into the explore database just for flavor.

Do you also remember the bug in the program that allowed you to partially analyze anything as long as you had the name of the item? No one told me about that bug until after Pete fixed it. That also drove some research choices as well.