Rolling Thunder Forums

Nuclear Trans Warp Drive

Locklyn

It is with great sadness we have watched the duress of so many sentinent species over these last months as they have struggled over the hints dropped by certain colorful individuals of the starlanes and we have found it in general detrimental to the galactic mental health and thus a danger to the greater galactic common good.

After consultation within the GSL it has therefor been decided that to promote commerce and general transgalactic communications to release to the general assembled sentinent species the information on how to produce the NTWD.

This discovery was made many cycles ago by one of our most gifted members and we realise that it is a gem that grows in value not in how it is hoarded but in how it is shared by all.

This follows the principles of the GSL and the spirit which binds us all and the galactic population will find that we will continue to act upon matters of vital importance for the stability and continued prosperity of all sentinents.

Thus without further adue and with the hopes that we of the GSL may be able to further aid the sentinent species that follow the wish for peace and stability in other areas....

Nuclear Transwarp Drive

Nuclear Transwarp Drive: The advent of Advanced Fuel triggered a

sweeping change in the concept of how to design

Jump Drives. Your scientists have come up with an ingenious way to

avoid the buildup of

dangerous, radioactive materials in the old drives. Instead of

shutting down and

cleaning the drive after each warp transition, Advanced Fuel is

continuously flushed

through the drive coils throughout a warp tunnel transition. This

totally eliminates the

need to conduct jump drive repairs following each transition, allowing

a ship to move

onward with no delay. The main downside is that washing the highly

volatile Advanced

Fuel over the active drive coils is incredibly dangerous. In addition,

holding a warp

bubble open is too much strain for a single Nuclear Jump Drive,

requiring a huge battery

of the NJD's working in concert to spread the load and maintain a

stable warp bubble. A

breach in the bubble from the interior of the hyperspace wormhole

would spell instant

destruction for the vessel. To prevent an accidental NTD breach, a

heavy magnetic shield

is placed all about the engine compartment. The device is considered

safe for normal

operation, but does not handle battle damage very well as the shields

are focused inward

rather than providing protection from enemy weaponry. Finally, Jump

Drive output of this

unit is, unfortunately, less than that of the standard Nuclear Jump

Drive. Note: for

game purposes, the Nuclear Transwarp Drive works just like any other

Jump Drive. A ship

equipped with at least one NTD warps from system to system normally.

However, the action

points of the ship are not reduced to zero following a successful warp

movement. It is

therefore possible for a ship with 2 action points to execute a Move -

Warp - Move - Warp

series in one turn, or a Move - Warp - System Scan. (25,000 tons) 250

Mk I Nuclear Jump

Drive - 250 Mk I Force Shield - 25,000 Advanced Fuel - 25,000 Improved

Electronics -25,000

Improved Synthetic Materials

Classification: Jump Drive

Prerequisite Technologies: Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive, Advanced Fuel, Mk

I Force Shield

Jump Drive Output: 125000

/Locklyn

This is a prime example of why the GSL will always remain highly respected amongst the people of frindly dandelions, aka the Everlasting Spawn and my small group of friends!

We grovel in your general direction!

Huzzah to the GSL!!!! :jawdrop:

Advanced FUEL?! I would have been struggling with that for ages! I was guessing Advanced Proc Radios via hint.

Without SRPs, I am fortunate to at least have the Force Shields and Improved Fuel.

I may find one of you yet!!

And if it be the GSL, a fine collection and bouquet of my finest denizens as a token of appreciation for gracefully disclosing this amazing discovery!!

I feel relieved that the general populus has this knowledge and that I no longer am muzzled by extremists within the GSL.

Since no one disagreed with releasing this information, I am having a hard time figuring out who the extremists would be. But I'm glad everyone's happy. It's good news for the SN:ROTE community.

Since no one disagreed with releasing this information, I am having a hard time figuring out who the extremists would be.  But I'm glad everyone's happy.  It's good news for the SN:ROTE community.

:jawdrop::thumbsup:

Rummaging through my inbox/Supernova folder....hmmm I wonder what all these emails telling me I am not to release NTWD info, classification secret etc.. Must be delusional emails from Cao Cao that have tagged themselves as GSL...

Flogging scribes...

Since no one disagreed with releasing this information, I am having a hard time figuring out who the extremists would be.  But I'm glad everyone's happy.  It's good news for the SN:ROTE community.

:alien::woohoo:

Rummaging through my inbox/Supernova folder....hmmm I wonder what all these emails telling me I am not to release NTWD info, classification secret etc.. Must be delusional emails from Cao Cao that have tagged themselves as GSL...

Flogging scribes...

The information was classifed for a time, then de-classified. I am a bit puzzled as to where "extremism" comes into play.

Nuclear schmuclear,

What we would like to see is the requriements for the AntiMatter Transwarp Drive or at least the requirements for antimatter engines.

Who wouldn't advance down the fuel path as it fuels :lol: your engines, missiles and torpedos...

Long

Live Emanon

All engines use basic fuel in that manner. It seems that improved and advanced fuels are used when building more advanced engines not for the actual consumtion for travel.

/Locklyn

Quick Fuel Primer:

Engines do not use Fuel.

Jump Drives consume basic Fuel.

Missiles and Fighters require basic Fuel for construction.

Advanced Fuel is used as a coolant for Nuclear Transwarp Drives.

Improved and Advanced Fuel are gateway technologies that allow advanced research, they don't appear to be required to be built (at this time).

Ah yes Shadow, thanks for that...jump engines, normal engines, transdimensional engines...quite a lot to keep track of :)

/Locklyn

There is also a Fusion Transwarp drive. No ANZ available because my fleet that found it did not have enough cargo space to hold it. :)