Rolling Thunder Forums

Strength, Size and Agility

woolfe99

Does anyone know what role these attributes play? I presume they are primarily, if not exclusively, ground combat modifiers.

One thing I find confusing is that the rulebook does not list any +'s or -'s for them. That leads me to believe they may act as more of a base than a modifier.

Strength is said to affect your "Personal Equipment Class." I wonder if that affects the magnitude of the bonus you get from researching heavy weapons like Laser Rifles and Nuclear Buzzsaws?

Any thoughts?

These attributes work to affect the final lifeform ratings, and because they can get expensive you can expect some pretty big modifiers. Alternatively, you can choose to take big negatives in these areas to get back a lot of lifeform points, but the corresponding negatives in lifeform ratings can get harsh because of the high point cost.

Ground Combat, Defense, Exploration & Colonization are the areas most affected by Strength, Size & Agility.

Ground Combat, Defense, Exploration & Colonization are the areas most affected by Strength, Size & Agility.

When I created my lifeform I based them on a cross between Ants and Praying Mantis, so I gave them Robust Strength. I am glad to see it affected more than my "Personal Equipment Class". :)

I never take any penalties in any of the attirbutes. In fact, I try to at least raise 2 of them at least 1 step above average. My lifeform shows the result...no negative bars and a high exploration bar. This was my intent. The colonization bonus was secondary to my thinking but still important. Ground combat was the least important to me.