Rolling Thunder Forums

Torture

MadMartinB

:lol:

Which brings up a point. This is now two turns in a row that I've gotten data files before turn results :angry2:

Has something in the processing changed? :ranting:

Did I do or say something wrong? :robot:

Just kidding. :lol:

Actually, to try and beat the ISP mail-server bottleneck, we're sending the data files and pdf's in parallel out of two different ports, so you might see one or the other files first each time.

Pete or Russ -- just curious .. how long does it take to send out all the turns and data files? I'm guessing 8 hours on a good night, 12 on a bad.

As for what RTG does to drive folks nuts, they already developed the game SuperNova: Rise of the Empire. There's not much more they could do the mess with us than that. What cunning to create a game that draws us in so much we become almost wild when turns are due. Truely they are the masters of pyschological torture and they have reached their peak. :angry2:

Wait, I take that back. They could take mass marketing lessons from Coke and release SN: ROTE II. When that tanks (by design of course), they could release to a grateful market SN: ROTE Classic and double the player base drving twice as many of us mad with desire for the game. Then to really confuse things they could market SN: II Special Edition -- for all those folks who keep talking about the good old SN: II days. An finally round it all out with SN-Original in a special collectors edition (gold leaf on the edges of all printed turn results, using a custom cryllic font, and a few other extras for nostolgia -- comes with a collectors edition bobble-head Pete or Russ doll).

:angry2: Hey but really...SNROTE is a pretty good game! Pete/Russ you guys did pretty good over-all, ok there are a few things yet to be ironed out or fixed, but in time it will all work out.

:robot: This is a paid political announcement....

:( Hey but really...SNROTE is a pretty good game! Pete/Russ you guys did pretty good over-all, ok there are a few things yet to be ironed out or fixed, but in time it will all work out.

:blink: This is a paid political announcement....

Good .. yep. No matter how much we all whine and complain, we DO keep playing. That is the torture that RTG created. Addictive enough we keep playing. But never the exact game any of us want (and of course, any changes I suggest are ALWAYS the correct ones and anyone else is wrong). :o