Rolling Thunder Forums

NBC Division Tactical Ratings

RTGPete

The NBC Division's Tactical Ratings were off in the items table - they had capability in the defensive categories instead of the correct offensive areas. I've corrected this so that NBC Divisions now have the correct ratings in Biological, Chemical and Nuclear offensive areas along with a small Artillery component.

I'm looking into the seeming lack of Amphibious-capable technology for Marines and related Divisions as well.

I believe Ur-lord Tedric is correct. Your artillery and other systems should deliver NBC weapons offensively, and an NBC unit should be overwhelmingly a defensive unit. At least, that's how it works now. Not sure why it should be any different in the future. It works. Thanks for keeping us updated, however.

So... what do you build for NBC DEFENSE then???

In that case you're a bad naughty GM!  :cheers:

ALL the current NBC troops in the world ARE purely defensive!  :cheers:

So what do we do with all those NBC troops we've created to counter those bad, warmongering MDD types!  :ph34r:

Thought he understood Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric    :D

As it happens, the description for the NBC unit was crystal clear in that it is offensive in nature--I was thinking defensive as I keyed in the data. I've updated the data to follow the text as most players building the NBC Divisions would have followed the description.

There are other Divisions that provide defensive Tactical Ratings against these weapons, so that's already covered.

NBC Divisions are used to deploy tactical nuclear, biological and chemical weapons on the battlefield.  Nuclear weapons designed for use in tactical situations are made available to your forces.  Tactical nukes are developed for deployment from large artillery pieces and short range surface-to-surface and air-to-surface missiles.  The use of tactical nuclear weapons can affect your own troops and might result in severe collateral damage to the world and any population groups present during the fighting.  Early chemical agents are crude, caustic gases designed to be deployed in aerosol form or by crude chemical warheads.  Advances in chemical weapon technology improve the effectiveness and safety of such devices.  Chemical weapons can sometimes serve to hinder your own troops in certain combat situations so they should be used with great care.  Biological weapons are similar to their chemical counterparts but are tailored for use against specific enemy genetic types.  Chemical agents and tactical nuclear warheads (by their very nature) are broad spectrum, while biological weapons are more specific in their use.

As it happens, the description for the NBC unit was crystal clear in that it is offensive in nature--I was thinking defensive as I keyed in the data. I've updated the data to follow the text as most players building the NBC Divisions would have followed the description.

Sorry, Pete - I was only joking! :beer:

Read the descriptions - yes, you are quite right.

This is probably the single biggest error made by many of us ex-military types - putting our own spin on some things! :thumbsup:

In my case I'm still involved in some our my country's CBRN programmes!

Regards

Mark

Heh - the description was keyed in years ago, and when I got to typing in the data, I was thinking chem/rad suits, decontamination etc just like you were. Since there are other ways to gain bonuses in the defensive Tactical Rating areas I thought it best to go with the description :beer:

I've always wondered over the lack of amphibious for such units as well as the lack of space defense capacity for Space Defense units and what about being mental and not having those showing up either for any unit?

/Locklyn