Rolling Thunder Forums

LDBs and Overruns

ShadowKitsune

Oh Most Wise and Noble Russ,

I have a few questions:

1. I see that the combat tables stop at 5.6:1 odds, which I assume means that there is utter defeat for any defender on the receiving end of 6:1 or better odds. However, are there provisions for "Overrun" type attacks? Which is to say if I have, say, 10:1 odds, does my Army just keep on going? Or does it always stop after combat regardless of the level of success?

2. LDBs are rated with a 25 defense, but are always "Green". Does the 25 reflect their "Green" status? Or is the 25 Defensive Firepower actually a "Line" value and is therefore reduced accordingly because the unit is "Green"?

3. Forced Peace - should you be fortunate enough to Force Peace on another nation, does that mean you have conquered that nation utterly (i.e. all provinces and cities belong to you) or you just get to keep what you have already taken by force and bask in your Morale/Propaganda victory?

4. In order to use captured rail capacity you have to have both the region and the city, right?

5. ANTS - when you change your Levels do the limits change immediately or take affect the following turn? (I was confused by the notation in the rules and on my turn results.)

Thanks,

Ken

USA #71

Hello Ken,

1) There are no provisions for an overrun. So if you have great odds against the defender, you annihilate the defender in 1 round of combat, with most likely no damage to your own forces. Since this is an attack and combat occures, there is no option of continuing. An ATC attack stops as soon as any kind of combat does occure.

2) The 25 FP for a LDB battalion is the firepower for a line unit. The firepower modifier for a green unit applies also to LDBs.

3) When you issue a FP order on an opponent, you cease fighting and a NAP is signed between the nations in question. This order only works when the other nation has a negative morale. You do not have to conquer all the cities and provinces of the enemy.

4) For every railcapacity to be used, you have to have the city and province, or your ALL/TA has to.

5) Your NTS limitations are set at the beginning of your turn. If you issue a change in the levels, the effects can be used the next turn.

Hope this helps,

Norbert

Ken, Norbert is correct. Couple of follow ups.

When you FP on an enemy, YOU do not receive his provinces or cities, stops as is. So only do a FP if you don't wish to fight him any more (or to keep him from fighting you) or you have completely conquered him.

Also, Norbert is correct that the LDB's are a common delay tactic, however you can do 'blitzkrieg' type actions.

example. You wish to conquer Hull in Canada but Canada still owns Montreal, and he has LDBs there. You could attack Montreal from xMalone and then do an ATC Montreal - Hull, with your army at Malone. ( and if you didn't want the army at xMalone to occupy Montreal, just use an OMG GE order, and your second army will do the conquering.

LDBs have a 20 rating (25 * .8) for all practical purposes.

Also, I am NOT in game 71, but do play the US in Game 65. If you need any questions answered you don't want posted on the forum, feel free to email me at tpalcorn@yahoo.com

Tim

Hey Tim,

You are correct about the FP. I reread my posting and saw the error. I wanted to write the you do not conquer the cities and provinces :angry2: .

The ATC Blitz can be done three deep, providing the terrain is good (MCR cost 1).

In battlereports I have seen that a LDB rating of 175 has a modified combat rating of 106 (also 450 modified to 271. So there is an other multiplier, but I do not know which.

Has onyone also seen this? And how is this possible? This is a multiplier of 0,39.

Norbert

Just a note to express my appreciation to the Victory! veterans on this board - you guys have been all over this thread like T-34s overrunning a Ju-88A-4 base :lol:

Greatly appreciated by myself and I'm sure the newer guys appreciate it as well. Thanks

Russ

LDB's are a common delay tactic, however you can do 'blitzkrieg' type actions.

You wish to conquer Hull in Canada but Canada still owns Montreal, and he has LDBs there. You could attack Montreal from xMalone and then do an ATC Montreal - Hull, with your army at Malone. And if you didn't want the army at xMalone to occupy Montreal, just use an OMG GE order, and your second army will do the conquering.

Why wouldn't I want my Army to occupy Malone (based on your example)? :cheers:

Why wouldn't I want my Army to occupy Malone (based on your example)? 

Under this example, you probably would. However there are a variety of times when you might. However, you might use a GE on the province if you had say armored, and then move in INF or Mech to take the city. Or if the army doing the GE had enough divisions that it would cause your blitzkrieging (word?) to not be able to retreat due to size limits.