Rolling Thunder Forums

new contact

MadMartinB

I remember that Pete or Russ somewhere mentioned that dropped empires do defend themselves and do a lot more than just stockpile resources.

Imagine everything is going into building divisions and Bastions on the surface, researching only CIDS and other weaponry. Hard time taking that homeworld, I suppose.

Kind of a half-witted side thought: :cheers:

Is it really worth it to try to take over a dropped position?

Things I'd need to know:

1) How tough are the defenses?

2) How long would it take?

3) An assessment of my particular political situation at the time

After all, the dropped player presumably won't attack you....what harm is there in letting them rot? (aside from the fact that you are allowing the position even MORE time to develop defenses)

Perhaps those resources are better spent dealing/defending against any active players in your neighborhood first? :P

A burning question ----- does a dropped position build any defenses at all? Or just stockpile resources? I know its been asked an not answered :lol:

Just throwing it out there ;)

At one time they were supposedly going back and changing the orders to make the so called dead empires produce things, but who knows if that is still happening and if they go back and modify them every now and then.

Bloodletter

Leader of T.O.M.A. (The One Man Alliance)

Hmmmm

Well it begs the question?

Is all that effort in blasting through layers of Bastions and Imperial Guards worth it?

An inactive player will have EVERYTHING concentrated on the homeworld.

An active player will most likely have used resources to build things like CBs, Fuel Tankers and Exploration ships....

• 1 month later...

Calling on empire #307. We wish to open up the comm channels as soon as possible. Our deep space explorers picked up your ship's warp signature and have been instructed to make peaceful contact. Our ship's ROE is still set to Q.

Please email at pbauman@sc.rr.com.

Very pleased to meet you! :D