Rolling Thunder Forums

How much people

crossroads

You may notice slight changes in your total pop. The percent growth is very low, so don't expect real world growth rates. For my empire, growth is around 0.025%. But rest assured, there are ways to improve this built into the game.

The growth rate is calculated as a percentage of your TOTAL population. Any pop units that are not occupied in running an installation are listed as pop on the colony report and are ready for assignment to installations, colonists, or ground units. It makes no difference if you leave them as unemployed as far as growth rate since the % is the same and is based on all your pop including those employed already. It would be to your advantage to make use of all your umemployed pop as this is probably the most limiting factor early on in the game (and possibly throughout).

Dear crossroads,

I agree with PhaseDragon.

Forgive me if you already know this and are going to do it but your pop figure sounds much like my races starting spare pop. As a starter for pop use can I suggest building up your mines to the max number for the efficiency of each resource?

Hope this helps.

Dear crossroads,

I agree with PhaseDragon.

Forgive me if you already know this and are going to do it but your pop figure sounds much like my races starting spare pop. As a starter for pop use can I suggest building up your mines to the max number for the efficiency of each resource?

Hope this helps.

Do not worry. I used all my pop on my first turn. :ph34r: