Rolling Thunder Forums

I had my matter ,and now she's gone, gone, gone...

EternusIV

Subspace frequencies have picked up a blues song that indicate the discovery of antimatter technology. Our scientists have gathered bits and pieces of this new technology but have failed to gather an actual DEVICE that can unlock the mysteries of this wonderous science.

In the spirit of intergalactic betterment, I am posing the question:

How does one reach Antimatter technology? (In SNROTE)

Would it involve mastering Fusion technologies along with the products of high-energy accelerators (some of which may use conductors)? Perhaps we need to make the process of creating and storing antimatter less expensive to yield benefits by increasing our industrial science?

Perhaps most physics fall under the heading of Space Sciences as well?

Thoughts?

Subspace frequencies have picked up a blues song that indicate the discovery of antimatter technology.  Our scientists have gathered bits and pieces of this new technology but have failed to gather an actual DEVICE that can unlock the mysteries of this wonderous science.

Would it involve mastering Fusion technologies along with the products of high-energy accelerators (some of which may use conductors)?  Perhaps we need to make the process of creating and storing antimatter less expensive to yield benefits by increasing our industrial science

Perhaps most physics fall under the heading of Space Sciences as well?

Thoughts?

I have not yet gotten the tech but my first best guess would be that you need at least 4th gen Space Science, Advanced Superconducter, amd at least MK II fusion Engine. with the possible addition of some level of force shield and some Advanced Materials.

Just a guess of course

Sha'thar eyes the system lord, wondering about the glowing-eye thing. She shrugs and licks a forepaw. Why shouldn't everyone else have reflecting layers in their eyes like she does?

"That's the nature of this game, apparently. Who can tell if knowledge of Mk VI Fission engines and knowledge of some creature, stellar terrain or contact with the ruins of a particular ancient empire might or might not reveal some fantastic technology, later on? Besides, those upper end fission engines do let you get the work done while you backtrack a bit for the Fusion engines. And the blue glow is pretty." :drunk:

Thoughts?

I have not yet gotten the tech but my first best guess would be that you need at least 4th gen Space Science, Advanced Superconducter, amd at least MK II fusion Engine. with the possible addition of some level of force shield and some Advanced Materials.

Just a guess of course

Such a guess is a very good start to AM tech. Like most key tech breakthroughs, I found that there was one key component, for me, that was blinkin' unexpected.

-Governor Henry Morgan

Such a guess is a very good start to AM tech. Like most key tech breakthroughs, I found that there was one key component, for me, that was blinkin' unexpected.

-Governor Henry Morgan

I Know but who would have thought that you needed advanced timber for an anti-matter drive :P:woohoo: (joking)

Yeah - I found this powdery spice stuff on a planet with all of these large worms. You guys should come over and check it out.

[Teleports messenger with secret star map engraved on his head, with electric razor* in hand]

*Electric Razor tech follows initial Straight Edge technology Ground Unit improvement.