Rolling Thunder Forums

legal orders in a convoy route

Pig Skin

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Download the Convoy Sssupplement in the download sssection.

CTO, Sssarasss

I did download it from the official site, Mr. Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssserwithtoomanysssssssss'essss.

It didn't mention any of the ones I asked about, but since things don't all work as presented I wanted to check to see if the convoy rules were really rules or more like guidelines on what may or may not work.

Thanks all for the info.

Pig Skin

Download the Convoy Sssupplement in the download sssection.

CTO, Sssarasss

I did download it from the official site, Mr. Hisssssssssssssssssssssssssserwithtoomanysssssssss'essss.

It didn't mention any of the ones I asked about, but since things don't all work as presented I wanted to check to see if the convoy rules were really rules or more like guidelines on what may or may not work.

Thanks all for the info.

Pig Skin

Actually, the CON and CTRN orders ARE listed in the Convoy Supplement in the v250 rules packet. I did not think the others you mentioned worked, but... I never tried them either.

GsssShsst

You'd still have to write a different EXPL convoy for each and every planet you're exploring. Different pop-group numbers. :(

If Pete wanted to write a little code, the OC order could default to the first population group for that empire if a zero was entered for the order's population group number. Convoy routes aside, that would sure save me a lot of time when writing my orders as well as reduce the chance of errors. Often there is only one population group on a world.

There is an order in Legends that would work WONDERS in SNROTE...

LC All Except item a, item b, item c, etc.

If I have a colony world with things like con mats, processed rads, etc, and I am dumping my EXPL finds on the world, the only way I can pick them up is to list every GD'ed one of them and I have to spell them all perfectly if I don't have it researched (the usual case).

So if I could load cargo, and make an exception for a few things that need to remain, Con Mats, Imp Con Mats, Adv Con Mats, Proc Rads, Water, etc, then it would be much easier to handle cargo.

Regards,

Tom

One colony of mine served both as a mining colony and an EXPL depot, but it needed the coal it mined to fuel the power plants. So in the convoy it had the two following orders:

LC Fleet 999 All

OC Fleet 999 Coal 999,999

Other items could be added just as easily, it is not pretty but it does work, and the tonnage for the coal is not very large (roughly about 1000 tons) so not a lot of space goes missing.

One colony of mine served both as a mining colony and an EXPL depot, but it needed the coal it mined to fuel the power plants. So in the convoy it had the two following orders:

LC Fleet 999 All

OC Fleet 999 Coal 999,999

Other items could be added just as easily, it is not pretty but it does work, and the tonnage for the coal is not very large (roughly about 1000 tons) so not a lot of space goes missing.

That would work in some circumstances. However, lets say you have a colony with 300,000 con mats (some of mine have over 1Mil stockpiled), 100K Improved conmats, 10,000 processed rads, or 1000 coal, etc.

You show up with a 100K freighter to pick up just the EXPL items. LC All just screws you over. You never do pick up the actual items you want. Even lesser amounts than the above messes you up. You have 100K or more of items to pick up (or any amount), you need to pick up your full consignment. Currently you are in trouble.

Octagon,

Not a bad idea. Anything that adds more flexibility to our orders is great.

Something you can do in the meantime (while we are waiting for Pete to complete work on nothing but combat related issues till that aspect of the game is caught up with the rest :thumbsup: ) is to set up two pop groups on planets where you have colonies and exploration going on. That keeps everything separate and much easier to deal with and all it takes is an extra colony beacon. Of coarse it's much easier if you set it up this way from the start. To change over in mid stream would likely require redoing some convoy routes but it still may be worth it.

Octagon,

Not a bad idea. Anything that adds more flexibility to our orders is great.

Something you can do in the meantime (while we are waiting for Pete to complete work on nothing but combat related issues till that aspect of the game is caught up with the rest :thumbsup: ) is to set up two pop groups on planets where you have colonies and exploration going on. That keeps everything separate and much easier to deal with and all it takes is an extra colony beacon. Of coarse it's much easier if you set it up this way from the start. To change over in mid stream would likely require redoing some convoy routes but it still may be worth it.

Ooh, tempting at first. What you are saying is...

Setup a separate pop group and with two transfers, you can ship everything to pop group B, and then ship the stuff you really want back to pop group A.

Only downside is that TRs cost 250,000 CMs. :alien2: That's a high price to pay for saving on typing. Still, that's an awesome idea.

But, Pete, I still want my LC ALL EXCEPT order! LOL

No, what I mean is use one pop group for your colony. You would have convoy routes going to this pop group to bring over cm, colonists, etc. and bring back the goodies. Set up a separate pop group on the same planet for dumping explore finds into (xexpl/xoc to separate pop group) Have a separate convoy route with its own cargo ship to run back and forth from the HW to the expl. pop group doing LC all and OC all.