Rolling Thunder Forums

Facilities per 100 question

Mechanica

Hi All,

I got the majority of my mines set up and running on the startup turn. Will complete the rest this turn and I've turned an eye with some of my excess con mats toward the facilities that will aid me on the planet with the 1/100 pop requirement.

I did the INST order for the mission, shrine, temple, cathedral, imperial admin center, and provincial capitol admin center but the description really didn't answer the question I had.

For the religious facilities are the bonuses cumulative with each type? Or does only the highest type facility you've built provide bonuses? Or is there an additive property such as Total % = Cathedral % + .5 Temple % + .25 Mission % + .10 Shrine %?

Also the Imperial Admin Center description and the Provincial Capitol Adminstration Center both give the same description. Should both be built on all planets or are the provinicals meant for colony worlds?

Also the description for Imperial resort says it provides stability for all words within the same system. Therefore, does the 1/100 cover system pop or will all worlds receive the max benefit if I just cover the world with the largest pop in the system?

Thanks

Another question and I'm too lazy to start another topic :lol:

Will a CSV order fail if I include the letter for the moon in the popgroup area?

PMAPs and GEOs allow me to put in the letter of the moon to survey but CSV doesn't have that option.

I know the CSV is for the current location of my fleet if I don't specifiy a popgroup but my fleet report shows my current location as World 8, not World 8c. Does the program know my fleet is at 8c?

So should I leave the pop group blank on CSV or should a put the letter of the moon in there?

Thanks

I will take a shot at your questions

Installations on the homeworld don't make that much difference and you truly have to have a lot of them to get the 1:100 ration to max, however they will make a bit of a difference. For my money I would just build more industries and stripmines after you have one of everything else built.

Most of the installations are better suited to colonies.

Each installation has it's own bonus so they are all additive and will all count towards whatever they do.

Check the installation part of your turn results for the latest on what stuff does. The resort falls under the 1:100 for maximum effect. That would mean that you need them for every pop group to get maximum effect. I also believe Pete has posted that these have some system wide effect so a single resort would have some minimal benefit to all pop groups in the system.

CSV will work in any case. If you designate a pop group then you get the attrition after accounting for installation spresent in that pop group, other wise you get the attrition of the world in general.

CSV is only available on the world you are curently over, but you can choose any pop group on that world that you like.

If you have a pop group on the world then you should use that instead of leaving it blank. Go with your fleet report for fleet location.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks Hobknob,

You answered the one on the installations for me. But still unclear on the CSV one.

My last turn I moved a fleet to World 8 and did a PMAP of moon B. This moon has same type of atmo as HW and I wanted to check it out for colonization purposes.

The PMAP was successful but my fleet report shows the fleet location of world 8. Is it supposed to show World 8 Moon B or whatever, or does the program know that my fleet is at moon B?

This turn I plan to do a GEO of moon B and also want to do a preliminary CSV. However, this is where my concern comes in because the fleet report indication of me being at world 8. Do I need to bring over a colony beacon and drop it on the moon in order to perform a CSV?

Thanks Hobknob,

You answered the one on the installations for me. But still unclear on the CSV one.

My last turn I moved a fleet to World 8 and did a PMAP of moon B. This moon has same type of atmo as HW and I wanted to check it out for colonization purposes.

The PMAP was successful but my fleet report shows the fleet location of world 8. Is it supposed to show World 8 Moon B or whatever, or does the program know that my fleet is at moon B?

This turn I plan to do a GEO of moon B and also want to do a preliminary CSV. However, this is where my concern comes in because the fleet report indication of me being at world 8. Do I need to bring over a colony beacon and drop it on the moon in order to perform a CSV?

If you did "NM, 8", you're orbiting the world, not its moons, and that's what CSV will target. If you did "NM, 8b", you're orbiting the moon, not its world, and that's what CSV will target.

Ah, so I can move to world 8, do a PMAP and GEO of any moon from world location 8 but not do a CSV?

Thanks O Crawly One

Yep ... CSV and ORB target the planetary body you are orbiting. PMAP and GEO target the planetary body that you specify in the immediate orbital area. You can GEO or PMAP the main planet from a moon, if you wanted. :)

-SK :ph34r: