Rolling Thunder Forums

A sincere apology to the PA and MMB

EternusIV

I want to apologize for letting some of my responses perhaps get out of hand.

Please note that I also apologize for lumping Martin Burlingame and PA into the same boat. After talking with Martin, it appears I may have been the victim of some severe ill communication and misinterpretations. Martin has been very honest in his dealings with me and I probably owe him a public apology for some of my implications of late.

Further, I apologize if I sound 'mad' at the PA. I'm not! I wish them the best as players and apologize for any ill feelings I may have inadvertantely caused (THATS PEACENIK LINGO, TUROK :oops:...and sincere)

I used to be a member...kind of...a long while back. I thought I left under good terms. Some wires got crossed. I hope the personal stuff is at least mended.

I probably shouldn't have called the PA 'worms' as it implies they broke the rules. They did no such thing and have good reputations from SNII.

We are all in this game for a long time and I don't want things to become so personal that we stop having fun. :drunk:

Again, sorry guys. Please don't allow the actions that might take place in-game reflect any sort of personal negativity against you or some such.

Good gaming to you guys and have a good weekend :thumbsup:

Brad

There seems to be some confusion as to Empire 2516. There was a trade executed with approval by RTG between two people. After the discussions on the boards I emailed Pete and Russ and asked if they wanted us to trade back. Both said we did not have too but I elected to take 2516 back. I changed their setting to Public on order 1 last turn so that it could be validated that I owned them but RTG did not change the address information until the resend of turns (or at least my resend of the turn).

<----I own 2516. Please be advised that we have spotted a Bene Gesserit ship in Colony space and wish to know it's intentions. Lack of communication implies a desire for war and an attack on a peaceful empire.

Best wishes.

-------------

DENIAL PHASE: A Player by the name of Martin Burlingame owns the Colony. He is in no way affiliated with the Dread Pirate Sir Roberts. He is a kind hearted gentle soul who still claims Lars as his best friend.

There is no MadMartinB.

It is assumed there is an infinite amount of space in SN:ROTE, and following this an infinite number of worlds. However, MadMartinB can inhabit at most only an infinitesimally small number of these worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as to be considered zero, hence the percentage of the universe MadMartinB resides in can be approximated to zero. From this it follows that the average population of MadMartinB's empire can be also said to be zero as there are no such worlds of concern. And thus, any messages you might see posted on this board by MadMartinB are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

Aha, but for the old adage of quantum mechanics:

"Any chance that there is an occurance or instance of something makes it an absolute fact over the course of infinite time no matter how small that chance is."

Therefore, MadMartinB does indeed exist.

So, if there is even the smallest chance that MMB exists, it is a fact he must exist somewhere in the infinite reaches of time. Alright .. but why does he have to exist in this time?

What I mean is, can our beliefs control his existance? If we all close our eyes and believe with all our might that MMB exists in 2027 and not now, will it come true once we click our heals together three times???

Note -- While any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, the reverse is true as well. Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

What I mean is, can our beliefs control his existance? If we all close our eyes and believe with all our might that MMB exists in 2027 and not now, will it come true once we click our heals together three times???

As all sentient, advanced races know, the existence of anything is a function of its perception by an observer. Therefore you cannot "close your eyes" and expect anything to exist.

:jawdrop:

What I mean is, can our beliefs control his existance?  If we all close our eyes and believe with all our might that MMB exists in 2027 and not now, will it come true once we click our heals together three times???

As all sentient, advanced races know, the existence of anything is a function of its perception by an observer. Therefore you cannot "close your eyes" and expect anything to exist.

:jawdrop:

Interesting. So, following on your statement, if I were to wrap a towel around my head, my perception would be only the inner surface of the towel. Since existance is a function of my perception, nothing would exist outside the boundries of that towel. If you were to see me with a towel wrapped about my head, you would quite rightly assume nothing should exist outside the boundries of that towel. But that would mean you would not exist. Since that would be contrary to your function of perception, you would choose simply to not perceive me with a towel about my head becasue only if you can't see me can you continue to exist. :beer:

Interesting. So, following on your statement, if I were to wrap a towel around my head, my perception would be only the inner surface of the towel. Since existance is a function of my perception, nothing would exist outside the boundries of that towel. If you were to see me with a towel wrapped about my head, you would quite rightly assume nothing should exist outside the boundries of that towel. But that would mean you would not exist. Since that would be contrary to your function of perception, you would choose simply to not perceive me with a towel about my head becasue only if you can't see me can you continue to exist. :jawdrop:

Just a little bit of relativity logic error here. If you wrap your head with a towel then I would not exist in your universe. You could not locate me, but could calculate a distinct probability of my existance.

My seeing you with a head wrapped towel would cause you to exist in my universe and provide such a precise location (not to mention being blindfolded) ...

According to the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal is so amazingly stupid, it believes that if you can't see it, then it can't see you -- so wrapping a towel around your head is a viable means of escape from such predators.

I'm surprised no one has tried this against the Gosht Kohr -- or have they, but the Gosht Kohr would not admit to a failed hunt ... . :jawdrop: