Rolling Thunder Forums

Neutral Zone Systems

Pursuant to Senate Act 2-06 we do hereby declare the following sytems to be dedicated to public use for the mutual benefit of all Sentient Spacefarers:

Niekrasz

Sigune

Efstathia

Liutgarde

Geurson

Deicoos

Nahoum

Elefteria

Woya

Alisaunder

Clelie

Balaji

It is our sincere hope that these neutral zones will facilitate commerce, reduce territorial tensions, and generally aide in the unfolding of a new Golden Age and Galactic Renaisssance.

Boo Consulate

:ranting:

As the Q Republic is not a member of the Galactic Senate, we have a question:

Are these "Public Systems" open to all interstellar species or just open to members of the Galactic Senate? If it is only open to Galactic Senate members, what are the strictures or "Codes of Conduct" that are expected of non-Galactic Senate members who find themselves in these Public Systems? We understand that Pirates are by definition lawless and will not abide by such Codes. However, there are a few of us who are niether lawless nor members of the Galactic Senate that would find such information useful.

Respectfully,

-SK :ph34r:

:ph34r: I knew this question would come up.

The way I view it (I am but one Senator - others may view it differently):

** The Charter and Territoral Bylaw only applies BETWEEN members of the Galactic Senate

** We have no views on how non-senate members establish territory

** The only activity that the Senate passes any sort of judgment upon non-senate members is of course, piracy :ph34r:

** The Senate also applies standards to its members on how to treat non-members.....we all agreed to respect the territory close to the homeworlds of ALL sentient empires

So SK, you will not be judged by this Senator for travelling through the public systems listed here. However, the Senate will automatically respect certain systems of yours by the terms of our Territory Bylaws. In any case, I'm sure you are rational enough to contact the Boo before stepping on their toes anyway :cheers:

The public list, as I view it, has many effects (even though perhaps not intended):

Intended Purpose: to resolve any potential territorial disputes between Galactic Senate empires.

Another benefit: notifies Senate Members of potential trading systems

Another benefit: gives notice to non-senate members of a senate member empire's perimeter.

After much deliberation - I decided that agreeing to the Bylaw requiring public disclosure provides more benefits than the inherent risks of divulging such information. Furthermore, any system we list (I'll get to it soon) is already recognized by my neighbors and protected with picket ships.

As the Q Republic is not a member of the Galactic Senate, we have a question:

Are these "Public Systems" open to all interstellar species or just open to members of the Galactic Senate? If it is only open to Galactic Senate members, what are the strictures or "Codes of Conduct" that are expected of non-Galactic Senate members who find themselves in these Public Systems? We understand that Pirates are by definition lawless and will not abide by such Codes. However, there are a few of us who are niether lawless nor members of the Galactic Senate that would find such information useful.

Respectfully,

-SK :ph34r:

Act 2-06 was sponsored by the Benthis Collective on behalf of the Boo Consultatum. We interpret the Law as establishing 1) a respect for the rights of all players to a minimum sovereign territory to consist of the Sentient Power's Home System and all systems up to three conventional jumps out from that home system. Basically this amounts to an exclusive economic and sovereign zone to ensure that all races have a minimum amount of space for economic and population growth. The reciprocal recognition is binding only upon Senate Members, but each Senate member is encourage to apply the three jump rule in their dealings with non-members so that all may enjoy the benefit of this reasonable space.

As regards the systems we have listed here, it is this government's interpretation that they represent systems which ARE NOT within our sovereign territory. In other words, these systems belong to all Sentient Spacefares. Feel free to travel therein. Obviously, these systems are close to territory the Boo Consider sovereign, so we would ask that anyone traveling in these systems respect our borders by first consulting with our government before jumping into systems which are not listed but are nevertheless connected to those in the Neutral Zone.

Boo Consulate