Rolling Thunder Forums

science installations

For maximum effect, wether it be for benefit of SURVey or EXPLore missions or to affect a scientists chance of a breakthrough, you build one of each type. Ie one Imperial Science Institute and one Science Institute as they stack for a total of ten science installations. This is well worth the investment cost. There is no further gain in building more than that.

Cheers

/Locklyn

My guess is that each science installation provides a cumulative 1% bonus to your scientists on that world. Also, the level number of your scientist adds to the bonus. For example, if you had a 7th level scientist (and I have several :thumbsup: ) with all 10 installations built, then that scientist will have a 17% chance per turn for a scientist breakthru. Of course, this is all a guess but it does seem to fit the rate of breakthrus I have seen.

Sakarissa :cheers:

Actually Pete has said that science installations effects are systemwide, ie will aid scientists on any world within the system that has science installations within them. I am not sure this actually works so in the code as when I expermiented with it my breaktrhoughs remarkedly dropped but I am going to give it a few more turns to see if there is something wrong with how the code works for this.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Actually Pete has said that science installations effects are systemwide, ie will aid scientists on any world within the system that has science installations within them. I am not sure this actually works so in the code as when I expermiented with it my breaktrhoughs remarkedly dropped but I am going to give it a few more turns to see if there is something wrong with how the code works for this.

Cheers

/Locklyn

So ideally, you build all ten, spreading them out on all those exotic type planets you have in system and pick up bonuses?

You build all ten, preferably on the same world, whichever world you choose doesn't matter except for attrition :oops:

Then you spread out your scientists (not the installations) on exotic worlds.

This may give extra bonuses to breaktroughs but since this is not measurable ingame or said in text you don't know if it works properly but it should

Cheers

/Locklyn