Rolling Thunder Forums

Basic Strategy 101: Emphasis Where?

EternusIV

Which Strategy do you want to emphasize the most?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So many options in this game. :thumbsup:

I'm still not convinced there is a 'right' way to win.

I threw in the "spies" option as perhaps a little jumpstart to that part of the game that has yet to be implemented. Or has it? :ph34r:

Of course, I was inclined to say 'all of above'...but: A) thats impossible within a short timeframe; and :ph34r: the poll is more of what you might emphasize as the core strategy for your empire. Please feel free to fill in any strategies I didn't metion (I could only list 10) I mean I suppose we could do it all...but where does one start or focus on first?

I voted for the "Aggressive Colonization..." route.

I tried to diversify the options as much as I could but feel free to elaborate. Hoping to get a fun discussion going about overall game strategy. :cheers:

I threw in the "spies" option as perhaps a little jumpstart to that part of the game that has yet to be implemented. Or has it? :ph34r:

:cheers:

It could all be a bluff!

Whilst we don't think that Diplomacy, Trading, Religion, Alliances and Spies have all been implemented.....

Has anyone actually put a Spy onto another empire's world to see if there's any information? :thumbsup:

Chief Existentialist to Ur-Lord Tedric

We can only choose one?? I try to balance several of the options.

Rapid expansion balanced by thorough GEO and PMAP of every planet.

I want to control as much space as possible so I distribute picket ships and tiny reinforcing fleets that should be able to handle the average warp survey fleet. But I’m slowly stockpiling weapons and building a war fleet.

Trade or war all depends on whom I meet. (If ever)

I originally intended to balance religion, science, and production. I think things came out just about right.

Whilst we don't think that Diplomacy, Trading, Religion, Alliances and Spies have all been implemented.....

My Social Sciences still need some work. But someday I will figure out how to whip those crowds into a frenzy and brainwash the zealous youngsters into "dying for the cause".

I'll let you know if Fanatical Population ever start to show up.

We're afraid if our Fanatics show up. The only Grand Cathedral we've been praying at is that to Vladchek the Dark One. Given the tehological bent of our race, fanatics might well change the face of our people forever. :P

i haven't developed a strat per se.... i'll prbably build a mighty industrial base while using advanced technologies in order to build a mighty fleet :ranting: which i will use to crush the lowly empires i encounter. :P (i'll trade tech for mercy)

check out the poll in the bio:sci lab too btw. this kinda ties into it.

So many options in this game. :ranting:

I'm still not convinced there is a 'right' way to win.

I threw in the "spies" option as perhaps a little jumpstart to that part of the game that has yet to be implemented. Or has it? :thumbsup:

Of course, I was inclined to say 'all of above'...but: A) thats impossible within a short timeframe; and :P the poll is more of what you might emphasize as the core strategy for your empire. Please feel free to fill in any strategies I didn't metion (I could only list 10) I mean I suppose we could do it all...but where does one start or focus on first?

I voted for the "Aggressive Colonization..." route.

I tried to diversify the options as much as I could but feel free to elaborate. Hoping to get a fun discussion going about overall game strategy. :taz:

The fact is you can succeed in a variety of ways, it all depends on who you run into. The explore wp's fast and build up a strong economic base while colonizing is what I have done. This allows for multiple benefits. First it gives me great knowledge on what is around me and who is close by. Second it allows me to build up a strong base to defend myself and by being so far out I know how fast I need to build up my defenses. By increasing my economic base I should be able in the long run to out produce those who wish to harm me. I would assume most players also have multiple options that they are using. To focus is just one direction is short sighted and foolish. After all of these things can and will be necessary for one to succeed it is simply a matter of circumstance on which is best for any given player.