Rolling Thunder Forums

MDD

Hughestrog

Yes, if you got them trough trade or exploration you can use them as any other MDDs. But you don't get any bonuses to ground combat like psychic races do with their MDDs...and no I'm not lending you any Nova Inducers.

:blink:

/Locklyn

• 1 month later...
Another question about MDD.  Do MDD effect future colonisation attempts?  I.e. if you used nuc's to get rid of an enemys pop groups entirely, would any colonisation effects be seen (would the CSV be different)?  Would it have any effect on yields of certain resources (meat, fruit&veg, fibres, etc)?

We would presume that the radiation level on future PMAPs would be higher. We doubt the programming is there to have it affect resource yields, but we've been wrong before on that score.

I think it would depend on what you "bombed" them with and whether the code reflected the descriptive text. Not to mention that Resources are on a planetary scale, while MDDs affect Pop Centers, which are [technically] not on a planetary scale.

If you "bombed" your enemies with ICE weapons, it would effect their resources, cause that's what they do. ("We want the secret of the Genesis torpedo!" :P )

If you "bombed" your enemies with Telekinetic MDDs, they would only effect the Pop Center scraping away all of their pesky troops, population, industry, religious structures, etc.

If you "bombed" your enemies with old-fashioned Nuclear Fission MDDs, it would still effect the Pop Center and increase the Radiation and Pollution levels of the planet as far as a CSV would be concerned, especially for that Pop Center.

All of this is predicated on the fact that the program already tracks Microbial, Radiation and generic Pollution levels. So one can assume that the design is there for these levels to change based on such things as massive orbital bombardment, solar flares, heavy industry, etc.

Whether the code is actually there, I have no clue. :)

-SK :ranting:

Thanks for the info. I assumed that if you used Nukes then things would be detrimental.

I think it would depend on what you "bombed" them with and whether the code reflected the descriptive text.  Not to mention that Resources are on a planetary scale, while MDDs affect Pop Centers, which are [technically] not on a planetary scale.

If you "bombed" your enemies with ICE weapons, it would effect their resources, cause that's what they do.  ("We want the secret of the Genesis torpedo!"  :ranting: )

Whether the code is actually there, I have no clue.  :)

-SK  :ranting:

I thought that if enough old fasioned nukes were used, then you'd change things drastically enough to effect things like food resources. But hey, there's one way to find out :P

:ranting: