Rolling Thunder Forums

Is UAE playable?

Lord Uriel

Gentlemen,

I've tried playing UAE three times quite some time ago, and I want to win with the country, but the food shortage was always an issue. I would pour all my money into improving the agriculture production and then be faced with moral issues over deficit spending.

Any suggestions? I play snova now, but I'm getting bored with the lack of contact.

Lord Uriel

I'm currently starting in Vic 74 with UAE :beer:

I hope I can give you some updates about the way I'm going to handle food shortages :drunk:

but...

I've already played it once in Vic 12 in the Netherlands and that went quite good :robot:

food wasn't a real issue then, though spending some money on APD was part of the deal.

As a matter of fact, British tech came in quite handy at that time...

Regards,

Rommel

Back in the day I played UAE. Started off with German tech and the tanks rolled across Saudi Arabia. Been quite a while since I played, but it seemed to all go just fine.

As for Supernova, don't give up hope, its a slow starting game but can get nail-biting interesting if you link up with others and start some regional warfare.

Every country is playable, each has its own sort of problem, usually the lack or shortage of some resource. Eventually each nation is 'forced' to war to conquer the resource they lack. War ofcourse being the whole purpose of the game. :cheers:

you cant escape the need to move more and more cargo around as the game continues, its nigh impossible to satisfy your countries need for resources that you no longer have to wage war to conquer it. We wouldnt want nations to get lazy and sit on their butt, would we?

a tip regarding apd's, concentrate your efforts. since its a percentual growth, it is more useful to keep expanding the potential in a few provinces than to spread it out. the bigger the potential already is, the bigger the growth. :P

• 1 month later...
a tip regarding apd's, concentrate your efforts. since its a percentual growth, it is more useful to keep expanding the potential in a few provinces than to spread it out. the bigger the potential already is, the bigger the growth.  <_<

Agreed. Also make sure you move people into the area and raise the ADL level to 10. It only takes 8 people and there are some territories that never produce anything but food. Food is like any other resource, make sure to work the land and AIC networks to include that.

An often over looked alternative to having to conquer additional territory is trading with allies. Look at the rules for what your alliance levels can do and find out what the shortages for your allies country are. It may very well be that you have something he needs and he has something you need. A strong ally to trade with and help you in conflicts is always a good idea.

B.