Rolling Thunder Forums

Recon order?

octagon999

Perhaps it's just the same as for ships and Pete & Russ believe in 'reconnaissance in force'..... :alien2:

In order to find out what a potential enemy fleet looks like you have to send at least one ship in.....

So, to find out what an Army looks like, you have to send at least one division in.......

Chief Warmaster to Ur-Lord Tedric

Why not just add it to the ORB order? If I control your skies to the point where I can scan your surface to that detail, I should be able to see where your (presumably rather large) ground forces are located.

These aren't battalions or regiments as we're used to them, people, these are military units sufficient to guard an entire planet! They're gonna be big!

not to mention units would have camo netting and such.

The inherent stats of the armies in question could feed into this uncertainty level: camoflague, EW, subterranean, etc would all distort surveillance attempts.

But frankly, I'm not of the opinion that development effort should be put into such a system at the moment. I would rather have space combat fleshed out as well as some of the other elements of the game that are more deserving of attention.

yeah. i agree. there definitely is no point to an order that'll give any enemy positions from space.

besides they would have to have such impressive scanners... you know to see throguh the clouds and zoom in on the tiny itsy bits little people on the surface.

maybe after Mk LVIII Short Range Sensors will we have the capability.

heck i'm willing to assume that it may even exist. just... you know. hidden in the tech tree.