Rolling Thunder Forums

Telekinetics

Virmilyn

Hi All,

I am going to send in my first start up for SN:ROTE and have one question I'm need help on.

Is it worth the 200 to get a C4 in Telekinetics?

I've read the MDD/ground combat benefit. But do you get an industrial, scientific, exploration perk?

I can be contacted directly at virmilyn@yahoo.com

Thanks

:oops:

Hi All,

I am going to send in my first start up for SN:ROTE and have one question I'm need help on.

Is it worth the 200 to get a C4 in Telekinetics?

I've read the MDD/ground combat benefit. But do you get an industrial, scientific, exploration perk?

I can be contacted directly at virmilyn@yahoo.com

Thanks

:cheers:

IMHO, it is NOT worth the 4th gen costs. Use the SRPs either to enhance some other attribute, or save them for tech advances. I bought 3rd gen on one and 2nd gen on another parapsych and wish I had purchase 2nd gen at most, perhaps on all three. (May have regrets not purchasing 1st gen and researching further advances in the techs.) I THINK i'm getting some research advantages and I KNOW the ground tech help may come in handy eventually. But I think the SRPs are better spent. Of course, I am only on turn 26. The Elder races may have other insights.

Octus Imperium

Stick with class 3 at most. Most of the powers are pretty useless except for research bonuses and weapon types. Like the other poster said, save as many points for research. Must get MKIV JSS asap.

Not sure on tk, but we have evidence our tp helps us in exploration. So does natural linguist, and we're thinking small size might have something to do with it, too. We can get into nooks and crannies that larger races can't.

I have level four in all mental powers. I am researching the fourth generation mental bombs. You get more than research and bombs. :cheers:

Please don't take high level mental powers. Be like everyone else and spend them on SRP's. I'll put my level four telekinesis special abilities against your SRP's any day.

Lostworlds

Richard Johns

Currently at war with the Pheonix Arisen Alliance

And whatever you do don't use your special powers to crush bugs. You never know where Krelnett is these days and he takes grave offense to bug crushing and wont send any mead. :o

And on some planets, crushing bugs is considered a crime. They either light up the Mk IV Fondue device or just use chocolate syrup.

Octus

(Bugs are way too crunchy, in our book.) :cheers:

Well, I think mental powers are great. But be careful about buying too high a level that you can research instead. Depends on what your race to be like. No race is perfect, unless it fits how you want to play perfectly. The the gods of randomness decide your placement and starting location.

Octus Imperium

And there's no such thing as "easily" researching mental powers. We have TP1 (t represent our hive-mind) and have been researching 2nd gen since turn 1. We expect to achieve it on turn 34 (at 1 RC the whole time, and we've maxed out our research bonuses)

What's the plural there? Bonuses? Boni? Bonii? Bonae?