Rolling Thunder Forums

Transwarp Jump Drive

Aquilonia

Hi everyone,

One of my old explorer fleets found some Transwarp Jump Drive but unfortunately there were no cargo bays and none could be carried.

Did anyone find something like that ? I may tell coordinates of the planet, so maybe advanced technlogy races of us can come and search again.

These devices can make a big difference in the tempo of game, if they are what they are understood from their names.

I could be imagining this but I have noticed that some finds and research may be influenced by the alien structures you find on planets. You should keep on searching but get some cargo bays out there you will lose everything you find except the tech advances. I even mount fighter bays and drone racks on my exploration ships.

Lord Uriel is right, once you lose it, its gone forever... but can presumably appear again as a find later.

There are widely varying ideas out there on just how many cargo bays you should have on an exploration ship but I recommend a minimum of 25,000 simply because thats the mass of a TWD. I tend to go a little higher personally..

YMMV

Mark

Here's what works for me.

- Build your Explorer ship with minimum of 25,000 cargo bay.

- Load it up with one Colony Beacon.

- Goto whatever planet/moon/object you wish to explore and drop the beacon; which sets up a Pop Group#

- Next XEXPL as many times as that ship has AP with an XOC followed by each XEXPL to the Pop Group#

- Finally, build a BIG cargo ship <inser convoy route here> to pickup all the goodies you've found at the Pop Group# :ninja:

Hope this helps.

Here's what works for me.

- Build your Explorer ship with minimum of 25,000 cargo bay.

- Load it up with one Colony Beacon.

- Goto whatever planet/moon/object you wish to explore and drop the beacon; which sets up a Pop Group#

- Next XEXPL as many times as that ship has AP with an XOC followed by each XEXPL to the Pop Group#

- Finally, build a BIG cargo ship <inser convoy route here> to pickup all the goodies you've found at the Pop Group# biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

I am starting to worry about you Azuth. I know that you expect by doing this you will get more booty more quickly but it is not worth your reputation. :ninja:

I found several transwarp drives. Luckily my main explorers have 100k cargo ships with them. Plan a head. I run back home to drop off cargo when I get to 90k tons.

I found several transwarp drives. Luckily my main explorers have 100k cargo ships with them. Plan a head. I run back home to drop off cargo when I get to 90k tons.

I do my exploration the Azuth way.

Hey does anybody know if Science Drones are nothing but mis-spelled Science Labs (just more uberer?) Look like you can pack 100 of those suckers into one drone rack. I'm wondering when the 'dimishing returns' kick in.