Rolling Thunder Forums

Poll: How many would like to have two full weeks?

Lord Uriel

Do you want two full weeks between turns?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eternus makes a good point. It is important to have a system to process your turn.

I use a variety of Excel spreadsheets to understand what happened and I use the Galaxy spreadsheet to track my Exploration findings along with my own. (You might say double entry but I like the way Galaxy handles CSVs and Exploration finds and it is more effiecient than mine is.)

Then I have a Word document with all my fleets listed and I write down my entire turn as well as track any other actions I want to take in the future. Everything up to this point is done in about three to four hours.

Then I can focus on long range goals and planning for the rest of the turn cycle. Entering my order is done and then on another day I check it for errors. That adds another two hours. I dont find it to be drudgery at all because the processing and entry time is kept to a minimum and I can be fairly flexible in when I work on my turn.

(This is based on 25 turns experience.)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sake of clarity, my proposal was simply changing the turn cycle from:

Turns due: Wednesday, which we get back late Friday or early Saturday..

to..

Turns due: Tuesday, which we would presumably get back late Thursday or early Friday.

This would not affect the time you have to do your turns since that is unaffected.

My only goal was trying to get turns back prior to close of business Friday.

YMMV

Mark

For the sake of clarity, my proposal was simply changing the turn cycle from:

Turns due: Wednesday, which we get back late Friday or early Saturday..

to..

Turns due: Tuesday, which we would presumably get back late Thursday or early Friday.

This would not affect the time you have to do your turns since that is unaffected.

My only goal was trying to get turns back prior to close of business Friday.

YMMV

Mark

Ah..now that I ont have 4891238918239801819823498 things going on at once....I see!

I change my vote. This would be nice :drunk: