Rolling Thunder Forums

OT: NASA

RTGRuss

It was really unrealistic to expect that they were going to hit a 5 minute launch window.

True enough - if it isn't the weather there are a lot of other little things that can pop up to cause trouble. Looks like it will be a few days delay minimum based on the last news I heard so we'll just have to wait a little longer.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...
Nice to see the shuttle back in business!

I think I said that a little too quickly. Hopefully they'll fix any problems with the fleet. :D

The good news is that they had a back up plan in case of this situation. I, too, hope that they are successful in making repairs and can return safely to us. I am confident that they will.

:taz:

NASA has an amazing brain trust and has a deep respect for being thourough in usual cases so I am sure they together with the skilled crew will find a way for the mission to end safely but I'll send a quick prayer and ask St Christopher to keep his eye on them for they are surely travellers far from home.

/Lars