Rolling Thunder Forums

The Gods...

T'Aleen Empire

:blink: Hi there my fellow happy space campers;

So what Gods have folks encounterred yet, I have seen (3), although I am at a loss to find the 3rd description of one of them. Let me define the two that I have located their intel....

Ptah the Watcher, in an austere Grand Cathedral:

Ptah is neutral in the wars between good and evil and never takes sides. Followers of Ptah are out for themselves and refuse to take actions that would greatly help one side ot the other in the Great Struggle. ;)

Vladchek the Dark One, in a gloomy Grand Cathedral:

Minions of Vladchek are the harbingers of death who seek to bring about dark age where rule of Vladchek is absolute. Vladcheck hungers for power and seek it out at every opportunity, while controlled worlds are ruled by horror and fear. ;)

So what have the rest of the collective found in the way of Gods and what they stand for, sing out and type it in for all to see here please!

Penn

(IC)

Don't forget the great spider! She dominates all with her strength and destroys all with her gave.

(OOC)

Is the religeon part of the game be a real factor or just for role play?

:thumbsup: Well Pete has said that the religion will play a part , AND their are both Characters (Priests) and Religious based governments as well too...plus all the religious building types as well too.

Now this is only a Guess BUT, it is my believe to obtain the knowledge of said discovered God via either the EXPL/XEXPL one must have both a colony there AND a Preist type Character there, plus then making the EXPL find of the specific God. Then how it works is anyones guess. Also I believe this is another part of the code yet to be...finished :(

I have found Yamal the Lawgiver ( good guy)

Grandillion the trickster ( sort of a good guy)

Vladchek ( bad guy)

Kar Teng ( god of war I think)

I have also heard of 2 other ones that brings the total to 6.

When you find a grand cathedral it seems to be a rather persistent find. I have found a couple and they haven't done a thing religiously that I can see, but I do get a lot of finds from them. My only religious guy is helping to reseach one, but so far nothing noteworthy. I believe that Pete mentioned that the mechanism to actively pursue religious membership like you could in SNII is not yet active. Something still to be worked on.

:(

Grand Cathedral dedicated to Kar-Tang the Reaver: Followers of the warrior-deity Kar-Tang live and die by the sword as they cleave a path through the galaxy in search of worthy opposition. Allied to Vladchek in the Great Struggle, Kar-Tang favors those who seek out and crush their enemies

:cheers:

Grand Cathedral dedicated to Yamal the Lawgiver: Yamal opposes evil wherever it resides, especially the followers of the most evil of deities such as Vladchek or Kar-Tang. Peaceful incorporation of primitives is favored, while harming of innocents is viewed with disdain

Grand Cathedral dedicated to Ptah the Watcher: Ptah is neutral in the wars between good and evil and never takes sides. Followers of Ptah are out for themselves and refuse to take actions that would greatly help one side or the other in the Great Struggle

:thumbsup:

Here are 2 of them.

a wondrous Grand Cathedral dedicated to Grandillon the Trickster: Grandillon sides with Yamal against Vladchek and Kar-Tang

but he is an indifferent ally and has never been too eager to oppose evil when the odds are not favorable. Benevolent and

humorous, Grandillon is a fickle opportunist

a spectacular Grand Cathedral dedicated to Yamal the Lawgiver: Yamal opposes evil wherever it resides, especially the

followers of the most evil of deities such as Vladchek or Kar-Tang. Peaceful incorporation of primitives is favored, while

harming of innocents is viewed with disdain

At least 4 of them carry the same name and description as the SNII Gods. I am still waiting to see if they are going to have bonuses like SNII did or not. I managed to get to the top spot in 3 of the 4 and there were some pretty nifty little powers you could get.

I haven't heard of Ptah the Watcher before SN:ROTE though.

From the Archives of the Ming Alliance comes the following message: :D

Grandillon the Trickster

A wondrous Grand Cathedral dedicated to Grandillon the Trickster here! A wondrous Grand Cathedral dedicated to Grandillon the Trickster: Grandillon sides with Yamal against Vladchek and Kar-Tang but he is an indifferent ally and has never been too eager to oppose evil when the odds are not favorable. Benevolent and humorous, Grandillon is a fickle opportunist.

Kar-Tang the Reaver

A forbidding Grand Cathedral dedicated to Kar-Tang the Reaver here! A forbidding Grand Cathedral dedicated to Kar-Tang the Reaver: Followers of the warrior-deity Kar-Tang live and die by the sword as they cleave a path through the galaxy in search of worthy opposition. Allied to Vladchek in the Great Struggle, Kar-Tang favors those who seek out and crush their enemies.

Ptah the Watcher

An austere Grand Cathedral dedicated to Ptah the Watcher here! An austere Grand Cathedral dedicated to Ptah the Watcher: Ptah is neutral in the wars between good and evil and never takes sides. Followers of Ptah are out for themselves and refuse to take actions that would greatly help one side or the other in the Great Struggle.

Valakar the Swift

An impressive Grand Cathedral dedicated to Valakar the Swift here! An impressive Grand Cathedral dedicated to Valakar the Swift: Valakar is a nominal ally of evil in the Great Struggle against Yamal and Votan, making sure that the odds are right before intervening. This angers Vladchek greatly but the powers of Valakar are welcome when they are offered.

Vladchek the Dark One

A gloomy Grand Cathedral dedicated to Vladchek the Dark One here! A gloomy Grand Cathedral dedicated to Vladchek the Dark One: Minions of Vladchek are the harbingers of death who seek to bring about a dark age where the rule of Vladchek is absolute. Vladchek hungers for power and seek it out at every opportunity, while controlled worlds are ruled by horror and fear.

Votan the Defender

An awesome Grand Cathedral dedicated to Votan the Defender here! An awesome Grand Cathedral dedicated to Votan the Defender: Votan is the military arm of justice, fighting for the side of good against evil. Votan views any action as favorable so long as it causes harm to the evil deities of Vladchek and especially Kar-Tang.

Yamal the Lawgiver

A spectacular Grand Cathedral dedicated to Yamal the Lawgiver here! A spectacular Grand Cathedral dedicated to Yamal the Lawgiver: Yamal opposes evil wherever it resides, especially the followers of the most evil of deities such as Vladchek or Kar-Tang. Peaceful incorporation of primitives is favored, while harming of innocents is viewed with disdain.