Rolling Thunder Forums

Favorite Technology

NeilGartner

You can try to join an alliance or an information exchange group.

Maybe you can found a new one of either of these. There are many new

players about.

And search these forums. Some nice information about some techs is unearthed here.

Also do much EXPLs and analyze your findings (ANZ on a item in any stockpile will work if you have a scientist at the world).

You can try to join an alliance or an information exchange group.

Maybe you can found a new one of either of these. There are many new

players about.

And search these forums. Some nice information about some techs is unearthed here.

Also do much EXPLs and analyze your findings (ANZ on a item in any stockpile will work if you have a scientist at the world).

A science installation also works for the ANZ and may be easier to arrange. (Moving 500 CMs and 1 Pop may be easier than overworked scientists. At least they claim they are over worked and under paid. Just give them another title...)

Octus

I see all this Cool Tech and wonder Is there somewhere i can get the prereq. for the spiffy tech?? am i going in the right direction of lost in the techno sea...... :D  :wub:

So much tech and so little research time. :angry: Of all the technology, you'll need NTD if you wish to get around and freely explore the galaxy, and especially to get somewhere in a big hurry when needed. If you don't have it, then here's the tech information on it. It is a massive jump drive engine (25,000 TONS!), definitely not design to be placed into small ships. However, if you have ships with powerful engines with lots of Action points, many distance systems will be much more closer with this jump drive added. APs are not reduced to zero after every normal jump as they were with the old drives.

Nuclear Transwarp Drive: The advent of Advanced Fuel triggered a sweeping change in the concept of how to design Jump Drives. Your scientists have come up with an ingenious way to avoid the buildup of dangerous, radioactive materials in the old drives. Instead of shutting down and cleaning the drive after each warp transition, Advanced Fuel is continuously flushed through the drive coils throughout a warp tunnel transition. This totally eliminates the need to conduct jump drive repairs following each transition, allowing a ship to move onward with no delay. The main downside is that washing the highly volatile Advanced Fuel over the active drive coils is incredibly dangerous. In addition, holding a warp bubble open is too much strain for a single Nuclear Jump Drive, requiring a huge battery of the NJD's working in concert to spread the load and maintain a stable warp bubble. A breach in the bubble from the interior of the hyperspace wormhole would spell instant destruction for the vessel. To prevent an accidental NTD breach, a heavy magnetic shield is placed all about the engine compartment. The device is considered safe for normal operation, but does not handle battle damage very well as the shields are focused inward rather than providing protection from enemy weaponry. Finally, Jump Drive output of this unit is, unfortunately, less than that of the standard Nuclear Jump Drive. Note: for game purposes, the Nuclear Transwarp Drive works just like any other Jump Drive. A ship equipped with at least one NTD warps from system to system normally. However, the action points of the ship are not reduced to zero following a successful warp movement. It is therefore possible for a ship with 2 action points to execute a Move - Warp - Move - Warp series in one turn, or a Move - Warp - System Scan. (25,000 tons) 250 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive - 250 Mk I Force Shield - 25,000 Advanced Fuel - 25,000 Improved Electronics - 25,000 Improved Synthetic Materials

Classification: Jump Drive Structural Integrity: 5000

Prerequisite Technologies: Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive, Advanced Fuel, Mk I Force Shield

Jump Drive Output: 125000

Yeah. I found 2 neutrals in the 30's pop range and convinced them to join my empire.

In addition to the previously reported weapons they had some more lesser items such as

4 Mk VII Force Shields

28k+ Trizenium Flex Plate

2 (Yes 2) Tckon 68

Of course the majority of the neutrals I find have the expected results....11 Improved Processed Radioactive.

:D

I see all this Cool Tech and wonder Is there somewhere i can get the prereq. for the spiffy tech?? am i going in the right direction of lost in the techno sea...... :D  :D

So much tech and so little research time. :angry: Of all the technology, you'll need NTD if you wish to get around and freely explore the galaxy, and especially to get somewhere in a big hurry when needed. If you don't have it, then here's the tech information on it. It is a massive jump drive engine (25,000 TONS!), definitely not design to be placed into small ships. However, if you have ships with powerful engines with lots of Action points, many distance systems will be much more closer with this jump drive added. APs are not reduced to zero after every normal jump as they were with the old drives.

Nuclear Transwarp Drive: The advent of Advanced Fuel triggered a sweeping change in the concept of how to design Jump Drives. Your scientists have come up with an ingenious way to avoid the buildup of dangerous, radioactive materials in the old drives. Instead of shutting down and cleaning the drive after each warp transition, Advanced Fuel is continuously flushed through the drive coils throughout a warp tunnel transition. This totally eliminates the need to conduct jump drive repairs following each transition, allowing a ship to move onward with no delay. The main downside is that washing the highly volatile Advanced Fuel over the active drive coils is incredibly dangerous. In addition, holding a warp bubble open is too much strain for a single Nuclear Jump Drive, requiring a huge battery of the NJD's working in concert to spread the load and maintain a stable warp bubble. A breach in the bubble from the interior of the hyperspace wormhole would spell instant destruction for the vessel. To prevent an accidental NTD breach, a heavy magnetic shield is placed all about the engine compartment. The device is considered safe for normal operation, but does not handle battle damage very well as the shields are focused inward rather than providing protection from enemy weaponry. Finally, Jump Drive output of this unit is, unfortunately, less than that of the standard Nuclear Jump Drive. Note: for game purposes, the Nuclear Transwarp Drive works just like any other Jump Drive. A ship equipped with at least one NTD warps from system to system normally. However, the action points of the ship are not reduced to zero following a successful warp movement. It is therefore possible for a ship with 2 action points to execute a Move - Warp - Move - Warp series in one turn, or a Move - Warp - System Scan. (25,000 tons) 250 Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive - 250 Mk I Force Shield - 25,000 Advanced Fuel - 25,000 Improved Electronics - 25,000 Improved Synthetic Materials

Classification: Jump Drive Structural Integrity: 5000

Prerequisite Technologies: Mk I Nuclear Jump Drive, Advanced Fuel, Mk I Force Shield

Jump Drive Output: 125000

Thank you So much this was the info i was most interested in (thought i had it but my science types forgot that engines need Fuel) :blink:

Any idea if like reg. warp drives there is a Fusion verison? or a MKII NTD?

Thank you for sharing with use younger races :wub::oops:

and an Anti-matter TWD and a Total conversion TWD...

Yep, there is a FTD. :angry:

COOL :thumbsup:

:drunk:

Yeah, for the record there "is" FTD and a FTWD. The fist one will deliver flowers for you and the second allows multiple warp transitions. A guy has to be real careful with initials and such. The guys who were graduated from the Farmer's University of Central Kansas ususally had sweatshirts with a big John Deere tractor with Central Kansas subsituted for the John Deere logo. "Nothing runs like a Kansan" never caught on. I think they shut the school down in the 80's after a negative campain from the WCTU. (PS for the younger crowd, no, that is not a school in Wichita. :drunk::thumbsup::(