Rolling Thunder Forums

I'm starting a new empire

SargonKingOfSlith

I'm going to start a new empire. If a few veteran players start new empires right now, then maybe we can build an active community along with the new players.

I've wanted to start a new empire for a long time. But I don't have time to handle more than two empires. Activity has declined around my 2nd empire (the Horde). So I'm going to drop it and start a new one just like it. Only they will be locusts instead of cockroaches. Hungry! This time I will save a few setup points and generally do everything better, with less fumbling around blindly.

I'm suggesting to all of the existing players - this is a good time to start a new empire. No Drops Please! It is disappointing to build an empire for a year, just to find out that all of your neighbors are inactive.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno how practical this is. I've read a few times in the various forum threads that old empires are being dropped by longer term players and completely new ones started up. Are you guys that have done this willing to pass on the mapping info from those old, abandoned positions in the interests of people who might bump into those areas eventually? Who knows, a ship from just about anyone could be thrown across the Universe by one of those trick Warp Points or Black Holes or whatever. Personally, I'm a bit of a mapping freak, so I for one would much appreciate the information.

:cannon::alien:

I dunno how practical this is. I've read a few times in the various forum threads that old empires are being dropped by longer term players and completely new ones started up. Are you guys that have done this willing to pass on the mapping info from those old, abandoned positions in the interests of people who might bump into those areas eventually? Who knows, a ship from just about anyone could be thrown across the Universe by one of those trick Warp Points or Black Holes or whatever. Personally, I'm a bit of a mapping freak, so I for one would much appreciate the information.

:cannon:  :alien:

Very unlikely. =)