Rolling Thunder Forums

Abandoned Alien Ship

Eldred

On the last turn one of my fleets conducted an XEXPL order and (much to my surprise) found and boarded an abandoned alien ship, which subsequently appeared on our fleet report. I have never come across anything like this before - is this sort of find new or has it always been in there somewhere - in which case I would be interested to know what sort of abandoned ships people have discovered.

I bet this is just some propaganda ploy. It's probably just a weather balloon. :python:

But I am curious. Say a starting empire sends a few pathfinders out, and then for whatever reason, drops. Would those ships show up as 'Abandoned?' Or is there machinery in place for the dropped position to become a 'neutral?'

-Sha'thar

Ahhh ... I was wondering where I placed that ship. Silly me, always misplacing things. I'll be right around to get my ship back. Just leave it there, thanks!

Actually --

If the ship appeared in your lists, then I would hope it also appears as a ship you can build now (if you have the components of course). If so you can run an order to see what the ship components are. And if they turn out nice, you could dismantle the ship and analyze the pieces, then put it back together.

Wow, looks like I really am a lucky, lucky b*stard! :python:

The ship is a small freighter (just 23,600 tons). I will do the DD order next turn and see if it is built of anything tasty - if so I'll probably do what WKE235 suggested - dismantle, ANZ the fancy bits, then rebuild. B)

• 2 weeks later...

As suspected advanced engines were on board the ship and an advanced defence system - but not very advanced - only one rung up the research ladder, in fact most people probably have it already! (Full details withheld at the request of the empires security officer) :thumbsup: