Rolling Thunder Forums

Species Engineering 1

Lostworlds

I just started a new empire and forgot what the path to first generation species engineering is?

Could someone help.

Thanks.

1st Gen Species Engineering requires 1st Gen Genetic Engineering and 2nd Gen Life Science

1st Gen Genetics Engineering requires Advanced Genetics and 2nd Generation Medical Science

Don't you have all the paths saved? I know you've been around for awhile.

I just started a new empire and forgot what the path to first generation species engineering is?

Could someone help.

Thanks.

1st Gen Species Engineering requires 1st Gen Genetic Engineering and 2nd Gen Life Science

1st Gen Genetics Engineering requires Advanced Genetics and 2nd Generation Medical Science

Don't you have all the paths saved? I know you've been around for awhile.

My only question is, why aren't you asking for the quickest route to DCS? (Unless you remember that one...)

since the tech paths are already floating around the forums somewhere I might as well post it, but for all those people just starting, the answeres to how to get to a suprising large number of tech paths can be found by reading between the lines in the forums. :drunk:

DCS also known as Deep Core Surveyors require 3rd gen Planetary Enginering, 1st gen terraforming and razor wire, no one knows why razor wire is required it just is. :blink:

ICE is used to make your drinks cold, care should be taken when drinking your drink in a gravity well, it is also thought that taking said drinks through a warp point can be dangerous, saidly no one has survived to confirm or deny this theory. ICE-1 can be developed after you have 3rd gen industrial science and 3rd gen planatary science. :D

Sir Smeg :cheers:

Pete, please look into this. This may be like the legendery characters having trans warp shuttles comment. I have dozens of DCS and show razor wire as an item that can be researched.

I reccommend wholeheartedly to newbies, if you are going for DSC save the razor wire for last on the RC expenitures!

Deep Core Surveyor: Deep Core Surveyors are deep tunneling units that search the core of a planet for

additional resources. They operate autonomously and may discover new veins of any of a variety of valuable resources. Construction of multiple Deep Core Surveyors can be quite useful, but the benefits of building more than one drop off in a nonlinear fashion. Deep Core Surveyor are energy hogs, consuming an impressive 100,000 Power per turn.

Production requirements: 250,000 Advanced Construction Materials

Consumes: 100,000 Power

Requires: 3rd Generation Planetary Engineering as a prerequisite technology

Requires: 1st Generation Terraforming as a prerequisite technology

Guys, Razor Wire may not be a direct requirement of the DCS, but when you think about it, it is a necessity.

The DCS obviously drills a big, really deep hole. Kinda like the pit in 'Army of Darkness'. With a hole like that in your back yard, with the denizens of the underworld pouring out, you'll quickly realize why Razor Wire is an absolute must! That and a chainsaw and a shotgun, but we all already have those!

Guys, Razor Wire may not be a direct requirement of the DCS, but when you think about it, it is a necessity.

The DCS obviously drills a big, really deep hole. Kinda like the pit in 'Army of Darkness'. With a hole like that in your back yard, with the denizens of the underworld pouring out, you'll quickly realize why Razor Wire is an absolute must! That and a chainsaw and a shotgun, but we all already have those!

True. The DCS can increase your Meat resource on the planet. So that means they must have come across some type of underground life. Why, if your not protected, all of those mole-men and forgotten world dinosaurs and other strange denizens of the dark will rise up and overthrow your world! I'd recommend a good line of HE Mines around the hole with the Razor Wire, backed up by Heavy Flame Throwers.

ICE is used to make your drinks cold, care should be taken when drinking your drink in a gravity well, it is also thought that taking said drinks through a warp point can be dangerous, saidly no one has survived to confirm or deny this theory. ICE-1 can be developed after you have 3rd gen industrial science and 3rd gen planatary science. :D

Sir Smeg :cheers:

Please keep in mind that Ice-1 and all upgrades are propreitary materials belonging to the Holy Brotherhood of Brewmasters. Any manufacture or use of these items require the appropriate license from the HBOB. Please visit your local StarBars for an application. :cheers::drunk::drunk::blink:

Well then, for all those still in doubt, razor wire is not a requirment for the DCS, it is most likly not a requirement for anything but the electrical fence. However I would not be the least bit supprised if Pete put some really cool tech at the end of the razor wire path to get back every person who has said razor wire is a requirment at the end. :cheers:

Despite what Kurassier says ICE-X is not solly owned by the brother hood of brewers, still if you manage to find any of there worlds, a donation wouldn't go amiss. :blink:

And finnaly for those of you who think adding 'Razor Wire' as a prereq isn't funny try looking up the Mk I Probability Jump Drive :drunk::drunk:

Sir Smeg :D

Well then, for all those still in doubt, razor wire is not a requirment for the DCS, it is most likly not a requirement for anything but the electrical fence. However I would not be the least bit supprised if Pete put some really cool tech at the end of the razor wire path to get back every person who has said razor wire is a requirment at the end. :cheers:

Despite what Kurassier says ICE-X is not solly owned by the brother hood of brewers, still if you manage to find any of there worlds, a donation wouldn't go amiss. :blink:

And finnaly for those of you who think adding 'Razor Wire' as a prereq isn't funny try looking up the Mk I Probability Jump Drive :drunk::drunk:

Sir Smeg :D

That settles it. Razor wire is slot 1 this cycle! Wow, Moto has finally built a mobile phone as this as a wire.....

Octus

And finnaly for those of you who think adding 'Razor Wire' as a prereq isn't funny try looking up the Mk I Probability Jump Drive :taz::P

Sir Smeg :P

Already have it, but it sounds a bit too scary to use. Maybe higher marks are more reliable ...

Mk I Probability Jump Drive: If you receive this ANZ, then contact Rolling Thunder Games to receive the new PROB order. The probability drive is a device that may or may not transport you where you want. Usually explained by your scientists as a macroscopic manifestation of a weird quantum mechanics effect, it is the sort of calculated risk that will only appeal to the highest rollers. Basically, activating a probability drive can either transport you to any warp point instantaneously, thus giving you a tremendous advantage – or it can backfire, sending you anywhere it wants including outside the known Universe, or it can result in a Spontaneous Massive Existence Failure. It is a self-contained 1,000,000-ton unit, is self-sustaining and requires no external power source. To achieve superior jump drive output, simply add more jump drives to your design. Higher jump drive output levels in relation to their tonnage allows your ships to generate tighter warp bubbles when executing a PROB order. This allows more ships to materialize in enemy space during a warp point assault or any warp point maneuver that requires large numbers of ships to appear simultaneously. Note: for game purposes, the Probability Jump Drive works just like any other Jump Drive, except that you can jump from any previously SURV'd warp point to any other previously SURV'd warp point using the new PROB order, subject to a random probability of ship destruction. However, the action points of the ship are reduced to zero following a successful PROB order. (1,000,000 tons) 200 Mk IV Total Conversion Jump Drive - 10,000 Mk XI Force Shield - 2,000,000 Advanced Fuel - 2,000,000 Advanced Electronics - 2,000,000 Advanced Black Market Goods

Classification: Jump Drive

Structural Integrity: 10000

Prerequisite Technologies: Mk IV Total Conversion Jump Drive, Advanced Fuel, Mk XI Force Shield, 4th Generation ESP, Mk IV Matter Transporter

Jump Drive Output: 80000000

We've discovered that ICE -can- be taken through warp points! The key is that the ship or fleet transporting the ICE must be huge (many millions of tons) and very well armed with whatever your latest weapons and armor. Indeed, huge amounts of colonists and army units will further insure your success.

:P