Rolling Thunder Forums

game 75

Marklen X

Too bad this game is about to end. It has been a well fought game all along. Now that the Poles are in full retreat in France, and the evil axis air force has lost its nerve, I would like to finish the job. Then again, the Rumanians probably think they are going to march through Libya unopposed. Would be fun to have another 20 turns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad this game is about to end. It has been a well fought game all along. Now that the Poles are in full retreat in France, and the evil axis air force has lost its nerve, I would like to finish the job. Then again, the Rumanians probably think they are going to march through Libya unopposed. Would be fun to have another 20 turns.

yeah I would like a few more turns. all of these new B-29s with next to nothing in mileage.

takeda

yeah I would like a few more turns. all of these new B-29s with next to nothing in mileage.

takeda

I think you are talking about the replacement B-29's. After that last raid, you needed quite a few replacements. :ranting:

DezertCamel :robot:

Nice!! :blink: Well they are coming again. Lets see how many you can kill this turn. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Poland, glad you hit me with your TU-2s this turn. I just about figured you had given up running the fighter gauntlet, and as you see, was down to only one group of me-262s on fc. Had you waited one turn, you would of come in unopposed probably, but now you will have to fight 50 no matter where you go. Should be no problem for the brave lads in the Polish air armada, who press home their attacks in spite of horrific losses.

And wowie, even Southern Russia is fighting me now. Love all the attention boys.

Hey Poland, glad you hit me with your TU-2s this turn. I just about figured you had given up running the fighter gauntlet, and as you see, was down to only one group of me-262s on fc. Had you waited one turn, you would of come in unopposed probably, but now you will have to fight 50 no matter where you go. Should be no problem for the brave lads in the Polish air armada, who press home their attacks in spite of horrific losses.

And wowie, even Southern Russia is fighting me now. Love all the attention boys.

I am pretty easy going. I am happy that the Egyptian, Moroccan, and Algerian air forces concentrate on me and ignore my allies. I am also happy that you have sent so many fierce King Tiger SS divisions my way. For in the end, you will give ground even in France, on the front you have chosen to make your stand, while you fear to challenge the advancing units on the other fronts. Your choice will make it very clear that if this game had gone on another 10 turns, xAlgiers would be ours. We are in mop up mode elsewhere while you make your attempt at a game 75 version of the "Battle of the Bulge". It will go nowhere, and we will build a memorial to our costly victory at xLyon, where so many tanks were destroyed on both sides.

I am pretty easy going. I am happy that the Egyptian, Moroccan, and Algerian air forces concentrate on me and ignore my allies. I am also happy that you have sent so many fierce King Tiger SS divisions my way. For in the end, you will give ground even in France, on the front you have chosen to make your stand, while you fear to challenge the advancing units on the other fronts. Your choice will make it very clear that if this game had gone on another 10 turns, xAlgiers would be ours. We are in mop up mode elsewhere while you make your attempt at a game 75 version of the "Battle of the Bulge". It will go nowhere, and we will build a memorial to our costly victory at xLyon, where so many tanks were destroyed on both sides.

It would be a tough fight, but if this game went 200 turns, you would not take Algiers, are even Tunis. Rumania can drive through all the useless desert provinces he wants, but whenever I want, I can turn on him and crush him, that far from his home.

I see no reason to come to him. The fight is in Europe now, and you will not be able to hold what you have, let alone retake Lyon.

It would be a tough fight, but if this game went 200 turns, you would not take Algiers, are even Tunis. Rumania can drive through all the useless desert provinces he wants, but whenever I want, I can turn on him and crush him, that far from his home.

I see no reason to come to him. The fight is in Europe now, and you will not be able to hold what you have, let alone retake Lyon.

Just because you do not see my 18 division armies following behind the spearheads does not mean they are not there. Even if you were able to destroy 2 or 3 of them, the rest would just keep on rolling.

If all else failed and by some freak accident you were able to destroy all of the forces moving trough Libya, I would MGF new units if need be and still get them to the frontlines to deal with any of your survivors.

Basic math: The combined production of 27 countries on one side against the combined production of 12 countries in 2 groups on the other. Sooner or later, something will give on the 12 country side.

The main reason why you are still in Southern France is that we are not coordinating our efforts as much as we could be. If we were, you would have lost Spain, Portugal, Italy, Tunesia and Libya already as you have lost Turkey, Syria, Persia, UAE, Trans Jordan, Egypt and soon the remainder of France and Libya.

Calamaran.

Just because you do not see my 18 division armies following behind the spearheads does not mean they are not there. Even if you were able to destroy 2 or 3 of them, the rest would just keep on rolling.

If all else failed and by some freak accident you were able to destroy all of the forces moving trough Libya, I would MGF new units if need be and still get them to the frontlines to deal with any of your survivors.

Basic math: The combined production of 27 countries on one side against the combined production of 12 countries in 2 groups on the other. Sooner or later, something will give on the 12 country side.

The main reason why you are still in Southern France is that we are not coordinating our efforts as much as we could be. If we were, you would have lost Spain, Portugal, Italy, Tunesia and Libya already as you have lost Turkey, Syria, Persia, UAE, Trans Jordan, Egypt and soon the remainder of France and Libya.

Calamaran.

Sorry, but you are not correct. There is no way you could support your troops across a desert devoid of rail, without a navy, and no way a Russian navy could stand against the American and German navies against it. The deciding factor is the ME-262s, which your fighters cannot engage. As has been found out in France, your air power is of virtually no value in any province I can put fighter cover over.

You must move everything through Suez or by sea. There is no way for you to take Algeria, or Tunis.

BTW I have not lost any of the places you mention. I have lost a few desert provinces in eastern Libya, but that is all.

I know that there is no consensus to continue, which is too bad, because I would enjoy proving my point. As it is, I suspect the winner will be some TA combo from the east. Congratulations in advance.

Hey Calamaran.

Christmas in February!! :D

Santa checked his list and decided to move you from the bad list to the good. He has some presents for you. Please tell us your home city in Rumania and they will be delivered.

Santa has a new sleigh pulled by 1,000 B-29..ahh.. ahem..cough cough..umm reindeers. yeah 1,000 reindeers!

So send the address to your presidential palace in Rumania and we will take care of the rest.

Signed Santa :cheers:

C/O Takeda

Hey Takeda,

That is a very generous offer. But I don't want to make you go through the effort of having to put all 1,000 reindeers in their harnesses and tie them in front of your sled.

Just give me your address at the North Pole, I will collect those presents myself. To help, I already setup a forward airbase :D

Marklen X

Like a good Rumanian with Russian technology, we don't care about losses so no replacements are needed. Fuel and Munitions will be enough to keep moving through those deserted desert provinces. Besides, I just loaded up again so I can get into Tunesia without any effort, if time would have permitted.

Calamaran.

Hey Takeda,

That is a very generous offer. But I don't want to make you go through the effort of having to put all 1,000 reindeers in their harnesses and tie them in front of your sled.

Just give me your address at the North Pole, I will collect those presents myself. To help, I already setup a forward airbase :D

Marklen X

Like a good Rumanian with Russian technology, we don't care about losses so no replacements are needed. Fuel and Munitions will be enough to keep moving through those deserted desert provinces. Besides, I just loaded up again so I can get into Tunesia without any effort, if time would have permitted.

Calamaran.

Doesn't wash Calamaran. I can build at the front, you must march armaments across a bunch of railless wasteland. I will be able to annihilate everything that comes along, and there is no way you will be ablt to get past Tripoli. I have not moved my entire army over to France, just the new stuff. If we played on, you would be stopped near Benghazi, and we would have a stalemate there until I was done crushing the Poles, which would likely take some time.

King Tigers are more than a match for your T-34s, and my naval and air superiority will tell in Africa much more than it will in France.

If we played on, you would be stopped near Benghazi, and we would have a stalemate there until I was done crushing the Poles, which would likely take some time.

So this means I can have spain and portugal since you will be busy wiping out poland and halting the march across the desert. :blink:

Darn, now I wish the game would have lasted longer that would have been fun to have a seaside villa in gibraltar. :cheers:

I love your little navy, it makes for good target practice in the med bathtub. :cheers:

DezertCamel :D

If we played on, you would be stopped near Benghazi, and we would have a stalemate there until I was done crushing the Poles, which would likely take some time.

So this means I can have spain and portugal since you will be busy wiping out poland and halting the march across the desert. :blink:

Darn, now I wish the game would have lasted longer that would have been fun to have a seaside villa in gibraltar. :cheers:

I love your little navy, it makes for good target practice in the med bathtub. :cheers:

DezertCamel :D

Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar?? Hey, I live there! Keep up talk like that DessertCamel and Santa will put you on the bad list. Santa, by the way, is currently vacationing in Casablanca.

Takeda

I love your little navy, it makes for good target practice in the med bathtub. :pirate2:

Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar?? Hey, I live there! Keep up talk like that DessertCamel and Santa will put you on the bad list. Santa, by the way, is currently vacationing in Casablanca.

Takeda

I represent the elves who have been working for santa, and they are not happy about the way they have been treated. :blink:

So go ahead and put me on the bad list :blink:

the larger number of elves, make your reindeer look like a elephant in an ant colony. :D

Time to go reindeer hunting..... :cheers::cheers: