Rolling Thunder Forums

Warp Surveying question

Balagor

If you have surveyed the warp connection from Star A to Star B, does that give you the warp connection from Star B to Star A?

I thought not, but....

On Turn 1, I sent single Pathfinders to each of the warp points in my starting system and warped through.

On Turn 2, I surveyed the system, and just for the heck of it, also survey the warp point I just came through.

All 6 succeeded, even through several were class D's. And each with only 1 Pathfinder with 1 Mk I JSS.

Either I misunderstood something, or something is not quite right.

Balagor --

This is ONE unique aspect about Warp Points that you might have missed. In short, all Warp Points into and out of your Homesystem benefit from your empire's "years of observing the stars". :) Basically, you can SURV any Warp Point that goes back to your Home System. Do not expect your Pathfinders to be able to SURV anything other than Class A and Class B Warp Points elsewhere.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

-SK

If you have surveyed the warp connection from Star A to Star B, does that give you the warp connection from Star B to Star A?

ShadowKitsune is correct - warp points leading from or to your home system are given automatic success chances.

Each warp point is distinct, so survying one does not automatically give you the return trip. It is also possible to find warp points that do not have a "paired" warp point that returns...effectively making it a one-way jump :thumbsup: