Rolling Thunder Forums

More idle curiosity, this time on dead positions

Breoghan

When does a position die?

When its homeworld is taken? Or is it a case of taking it down to the last rag-tag ground unit stuck on some obscure moon where no one thought to look, and making rude gestures at the rest of the universe, telling 'em to bring it on!? :cheers:

When its homeworld is taken? Or is it a case of taking it down to the last rag-tag ground unit stuck on some obscure moon where no one thought to look, and making rude gestures at the rest of the universe, telling 'em to bring it on!? :cheers:

As far as officially dead...tracking down every single ship, every ground unit and every populated world where ships could be constructed and/or ground units could be raised. :cheers: It's very Battlestar Galactica that way :cheers:

In reality...not everybody is interested in a Battlestar Galactica scenario and losing their only/last homeworld is often enough to inactivate an empire. Just demonstrating a clear superiority in tech and/or material might be enough in some cases but...defense is a viable option in SuperNova and there are plenty of folks in this galaxy that will fight you to the last and spit in your eye as the last fortress dies and the final ground battle looms... It just depends on who you run into :cheers:

Best of luck!

Russ

P.S. Excellent point by Hobknob too - as long as you have friends in the galaxy there is always hope :joker:

Edited by RTGRuss

As far as officially dead...tracking down every single ship, every ground unit and every populated world where ships could be constructed and/or ground units could be raised. :cheers: It's very Battlestar Galactica that way :cheers:

In reality...not everybody is interested in a Battlestar Galactica scenario and losing their only/last homeworld is often enough to inactivate an empire. Just demonstrating a clear superiority in tech and/or material might be enough in some cases but...defense is a viable option in SuperNova and there are plenty of folks in this galaxy that will fight you to the last and spit in your eye as the last fortress dies and the final ground battle looms... It just depends on who you run into :unsure:

Best of luck!

Russ

P.S. Excellent point by Hobknob too - as long as you have friends in the galaxy there is always hope :joker:

:cheers: (Thanks to Hobnob too)

When it can no longer receive shipments from HBOB!

:cheers::joker::cheers:

But as I understand it, there's nowhere in the universe that can't get supplies in so that doesn't really count (unless of course, the customer has been cut off for over-indulging).

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

But as I understand it, there's nowhere in the universe that can't get supplies in so that doesn't really count (unless of course, the customer has been cut off for over-indulging).

Only get cutoff if you don't pay your tab. :cheers: Of course we can ship anywhere in the universe, but we do need somewhere to actually deliver the goods. :joker::unsure:

I dunno - I have a couple of friends who own bars and pubs. They tell me that it is supply suicide to dump on the delivery guy. You might want to consider that.

(Conversely, being nice to them is supposed to have a beneficial effect!)

Conversely, being nice to them is supposed to have a beneficial effect!

Hmmm......amusing concept, I suppose. But you make it quite obvious that you have not experienced first hand the "beneficial effects" of taking over another empire.

I dunno - I have a couple of friends who own bars and pubs. They tell me that it is supply suicide to dump on the delivery guy. You might want to consider that.

You do make a valid point here, but that's assuming that one actually wants, or is even interested in, the product. :cheers:

So taking you, as Chief Brewmaster, out of the game is an essential step in defeating any enemies. Works for me. :cheers:

Actually, if the Sabeli Ecok were knocked out of the game (which of course is impossible at this point), the universe itself would implode. :cheers: After all, who would deliver the ambrosia to the Pete and the Russ! :cheers: Part of our success is knowing all the 'secret' ways to get around the universe.... :cheers: Keep researching, you may get here someday. :unsure:

(Conversely, being nice to them is supposed to have a beneficial effect!)

Your friends are quite correct! :joker:

A position dies when the owner of it decides that it is dead. At least one HW has been reclaimed by the original owner so that is not the end. I also know of several other positions that have lost HW's and played waiting for liberation of said HW by allies.

:cheers:

All the time gathering intel from those native spies wandering around on their home turf...

A position dies when the owner of it decides that it is dead. At least one HW has been reclaimed by the original owner so that is not the end. I also know of several other positions that have lost HW's and played waiting for liberation of said HW by allies.

:cheers:

Yes, but even then fragments of the Empire linger (e.g. abandoned Pathfinders, Imperial Flags/Pop Groups, etc.) in the universe. On the upside, at least my people don't get War Weariness from being at war with assorted fragments of abandoned Empires. :joker:

-SK :cheers: