Rolling Thunder Forums

Last AP Problem

Mechanica

For the record, my MOVE problem stemmed from not recognizing that the EAF order takes 1 AP. My mistake!

Hehe, a classic.

I think everyone who first used EAF did that (me included) :angry2:

Yeah, I thought it was an Army command, but it's a Fleet command. Makes sense when you think about it. Troop shuttles taking divisions into orbit, the fleet waiting patiently for them to be properly loaded. Of course it's a fleet command!!

Though, if that makes sense then why doesn't an LC take an AP? Not complaining mind you. Just doesn't fit the pattern. Unless because cargo doesn't require atmosphere it can be ferried to orbit days or weeks in advance, and loading a cargo ship can be greatly streamlined. No air locks needed, just open the back half of the cargo ship to vacuum, pull out one cargo container, insert another, and off you go. Works for me!

In my Seians turn I did a series of NM followed by CSV orders at their new locations, the fleets having done nothing else prior to this that I can see. (Fleets 111,112,201)

A similar thing happened in the Gehenna turn, once definitely (my 3007 fleet NM to a planet followed by a COLB order that failed), and a second fleet I’m not too sure of (after a fleet 7000 LC involving pickup 2 ground units that were not in an army (thus not using EAF), followed by a move to another planet with an NM order – failed subsequent EAF order for further pickup of ground units at the new location)

Still haven't gone through the other two position's turns

Update - yep, same thing happening there too with COLB etc.

The possibility of a rerun (even though not this time) raises a question in my mind -- what would happen to my SNROTE data base if a turn had been applied to it and then the turn was rerun. Let's assume the worst case scenario -- I did not have a backup of my pre-run DB and had applied the new turn then the turn was rerun. Would it mess things up if I processed the new turn into an already updated data base file?

Do I need t modify my backup strategy to keep the prior version of the database during new turn processing?

As a seperate question, assume a total disaster situation where an agent from a competing empire snuck into my home and stole my computer (or maybe just a simple tornado). I lost all of my files and backups. In a disaster situation is there a way to get the current version of the database from Rolling Thunder?

The possibility of a rerun (even though not this time) raises a question in my mind -- what would happen to my SNROTE data base if a turn had been applied to it and then the turn was rerun. Let's assume the worst case scenario -- I did not have a backup of my pre-run DB and had applied the new turn then the turn was rerun. Would it mess things up if I processed the new turn into an already updated data base file?

Do I need t modify my backup strategy to keep the prior version of the database during new turn processing?

As a seperate question, assume a total disaster situation where an agent from a competing empire snuck into my home and stole my computer (or maybe just a simple tornado). I lost all of my files and backups. In a disaster situation is there a way to get the current version of the database from Rolling Thunder?

It's even worse if, like me, you prefer your convoy routes to start and end over a HW. Means U have to move the fleet to it's end point and either miss a turn or let it get back to where it ended up last time, real pain, execially of you choose what to load each turn, instead of automating it.

After talking with Russ we'll go ahead and make turn sheets 50 orders next time. It is per turn sheet, so if you submit multiple turn sheets, each would be 50, stacking up the extra orders for you to use any way you like. It's not a perfect answer, but re-running isn't feasible (for by-mail players especially, who would not be able to submit turns at all if I had to delay the turn processing through next Monday).

Again, my apologies for the trouble :angry2:

Pete, thanks for the quick response and solution.

After talking with Russ we'll go ahead and make turn sheets 50 orders next time. It is per turn sheet, so if you submit multiple turn sheets, each would be 50, stacking up the extra orders for you to use any way you like. It's not a perfect answer, but re-running isn't feasible (for by-mail players especially, who would not be able to submit turns at all if I had to delay the turn processing through next Monday).

Again, my apologies for the trouble :angry2:

Pete, thanks for the quick response and solution.

Galctic News:

It appears a wave of laziness hit the entire galaxy! Ship and fleet captains did not execute all commands issued by their leadership. Nearly every empire appears affected and all simultaneously. These is a rumor about bad mead being the cause, but these are only rumors.

Apparently, all leaders have come to the same conclusion. All commanders are required to execute 25% more work this next (pay) cycle. No option to refuse! This includes even those commanders who complied with all orders, as an incentive for them to encourage their peers to be less sloppy in the future. (And to check the mead for contamination.)

End of report

Galctic News:

It appears a wave of laziness hit the entire galaxy! Ship and fleet captains did not execute all commands issued by their leadership. Nearly every empire appears affected and all simultaneously. These is a rumor about bad mead being the cause, but these are only rumors.

Apparently, all leaders have come to the same conclusion. All commanders are required to execute 25% more work this next (pay) cycle. No option to refuse! This includes even those commanders who complied with all orders, as an incentive for them to encourage their peers to be less sloppy in the future. (And to check the mead for contamination.)

End of report

Galactic News update: The Zraaknod Brotherhood released a statement today that it has checked all outgoing batches of mead for contamination and found no cause for alarm. "The special batches of mead destined for the Kooky Regime were kept strictly segregated from all other shipments. We have sampled barrels from each and every export batch and lost taste-test drones only on those barrels we expected to. The Zraaknod Brotherhood is committed to excellence in all our endeavours and we would like to ensure our customers that our quality control remains as strict as ever," buzzed Governor Jerak of Zrik, chief spokesworker for the Brotherhood's hive-mind. "Of course, we cannot speak for other member races of HBoB. Did anyone else's sake taste a little... off... this cycle?"

"Of course, we cannot speak for other member races of HBoB. Did anyone else's sake taste a little... off... this cycle?"

The Takeda family stands firmly behind all of the sake produced here in the Shogunate. 100% satisfaction or you get a refund. Please forward directions to your homeworld for a full refund.

Taking this opportunity the Shogunate would also like to announce our latest sushi creation.. gremloid maki. Sure to to be a delight for any palet. Best served with a fine bottle of Shogunate Sake!

Takeda

Galctic News:

End of report

The President of the GEB (Galactic Engineering Brotherhood) would like to point out that under article 217, section 29, clause 7.A of the recently signed collective bargining agreement, all ships engineers are entitled to one full days rest for every stellar cycle. To claim that the engineers taking their rest period was an act of laziness is an insult to all members of this and all affiliated unions. To further ask our members to make up for their rest period in the coming cycle AND forgo another rest period is clearly a violation of the contract. In addition, even if the union were to allow this blatant contract violation to go forward, any time incurred by the engineers on their RCO (Regular cycle off) would have to be compensated at 2x normal rates, per article 134, section 12, clause 19 on overtime compensation rates. Plus all such time would qualify for all pension and retirement benefits per the sections with article 308 of the CBA.

Per articles 345 and 346, should these contract violations not be rectified we will be seeking a vote from our members to authorize a general strike duing the next stellar cycle.

Galctic News:

End of report

The President of the GEB (Galactic Engineering Brotherhood) would like to point out that under article 217, section 29, clause 7.A of the recently signed collective bargining agreement, all ships engineers are entitled to one full days rest for every stellar cycle. To claim that the engineers taking their rest period was an act of laziness is an insult to all members of this and all affiliated unions. To further ask our members to make up for their rest period in the coming cycle AND forgo another rest period is clearly a violation of the contract. In addition, even if the union were to allow this blatant contract violation to go forward, any time incurred by the engineers on their RCO (Regular cycle off) would have to be compensated at 2x normal rates, per article 134, section 12, clause 19 on overtime compensation rates. Plus all such time would qualify for all pension and retirement benefits per the sections with article 308 of the CBA.

Per articles 345 and 346, should these contract violations not be rectified we will be seeking a vote from our members to authorize a general strike duing the next stellar cycle.

Darn lawyers