Rolling Thunder Forums

How much does it cost

Mahdi

I've looked in my turn reports and can't seem to find how much an Advanced Textile Plant or a Textile Plant cost. So how much do they cost and do they use a Pop unit or any power?

Thanks for the help

I've looked in my turn reports and can't seem to find how much an Advanced Textile Plant or a Textile Plant cost. So how much do they cost and do they use a Pop unit or any power?

Thanks for the help

1 pop each, no power

textile plant needs 500 textiles

improved textile plant needs 500 improved textiles

advanced textile plant needs 500 advanced textiles ;)

Thanks for the help

1 pop each, no power

textile plant needs 500 textiles

improved textile plant needs 500 improved textiles

advanced textile plant needs 500 advanced textiles ;)

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help

Is it worth building them, or rather, how big boost do they give?

Thanks for the help

Is it worth building them, or rather, how big boost do they give?

I wouldn't go crazy, but they do seem to help in colonization. I put them in the same group as timber, just nice to have until you really need it. :blink:

I wouldn't go crazy, but they do seem to help in colonization. I put them in the same group as timber, just nice to have until you really need it. :blink:

You mean that I really shouldn't make the effort on my HW (that would be a big project :P )... I'll try them at a colony to see what their effect is.

Thanks! :blink:

If you maintain them at the 1 per 100 pop ratio required, they often add more population to your colony than normal pop growth will. It's more random, but it provides a significant growth boost to a colony. I haven't succeeded at getting even 1 pop from them on my home world. There, I split my pop into two groups, with one doing all mining, etc. In that group I have the 1 to 100 ratio set up. Doesn't do anything. Maybe if I got it up to 1 per 100 for all pop on the planet?? Not worth it to me so far, but if it outstripped normal pop growth on a home world it could be worth while.

Right now I only use one type of textile plant at 1 per 100. I've been curious if stacking them makes a difference. Still need to play with that.

It also seems that having the other 1 per 100 installations in place make a difference. If I have all of the Cathedrals, Missions, Shrines, Temples Sports Centers, etc. up to 1 per 100 I seem to get more consistent high immigration. Could just be my imagination, though it kinda makes sense that it makes the colony more attractive to immigrants.

You mean that I really shouldn't make the effort on my HW (that would be a big project :P )... I'll try them at a colony to see what their effect is.

Thanks! :blink:

Before you trash all of your HW textile production, you might want to look at the ECK groung combat unit. No weapons, but 150,000 textiles. :P

There is no ECK combat unit that I am aware of. The only two troop units that require textiles are Colonial Settler and NBC. Both require 50,000 each.

However, there is a ground combat tech called ECK that every empire starts with.

Sakarissa :blink:

The Circle

:thumbsup:

There is no ECK combat unit that I am aware of. The only two troop units that require textiles are Colonial Settler and NBC. Both require 50,000 each.

However, there is a ground combat tech called ECK that every empire starts with.

Sakarissa :blink:

The Circle

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say; or something like that :P . I just didn't want him to so wrapped up with textiles that he has an empire of well-dressed club wielders.

It's probably a mis-print, but my copy of the players-aid download shows ECK as a GCU. :P:blink:

Which begs the question, what was he trying to list? :drunk: ?

Textiles Plants produce superior clothing, generally for the benefit of colonists. This gives your colonists superior protection from the environment and adds fashion to what might otherwise be rather dreary colonial outfits.

after reading the above descripyion, it appears they are little good on HW. I have not tested them on the HW.

I also have not used them on my HW. The Textile plant line was a 'late' addition by Pete. I, for one, was happy to see it. When the game started, I 'maxed' out my mining and just let it run (with adjustments after DCSs of course). My highest resource at the time was, Fibers. With little use for them (none other than troops) they just piled up. With the recent advent of the Textile plants, I now have another 'catch all' BI at the end of my queue that builds Advanced Textiles for colonial use.

Man do my colonists dress in Style!!! :robot::pirate2::P:blink: