Rolling Thunder Forums

Perhaps Coming To A Game Near You

Locklyn

I've been playing SNROE for seven years now and since the pace has slowed in my region of space I was thinking of picking up another game and Victory came to mind. Those of you that play both Victory and SNROE could you please share some of your thoughts of differences and similarities and anyone willing to share some tips for a fresh innocent newbie would be most appreciated

Cheers and thanks in advance

/Locklyn

I've been playing SNROE for seven years now and since the pace has slowed in my region of space I was thinking of picking up another game and Victory came to mind. Those of you that play both Victory and SNROE could you please share some of your thoughts of differences and similarities and anyone willing to share some tips for a fresh innocent newbie would be most appreciated

Cheers and thanks in advance

/Locklyn

The reason I play RTG is because of the mix, and I play both games.

SN is a slow, numbers crunching game that takes time to progress in ; while in Vic! one hopes they stay around long enough to have some numbers to crunch! <_<

SN is played by yourself until you make contact; Vic! you absolutely have to have friends or you won't crunching many numbers, just gnashing teeth. :cheers:

SN is basically a gentleman's game; Vic!, while polite, is hardly that. :blink:

SN goes at a scheduled pace; Vic! is a 15 day window that can be changed to your advantage [or not] and offers continuous surprises. :ranting:

You have to plan carefully in both, but in Vic! mistakes are fatal; the do-over comes by joining the next game. :blink:

I wouldn't trade either for the world! <_<

Shoot me line and we can discuss it without giving away our 'secrets'. :drunk:

:beer::cheers:

Guest Spongebob

OMG have you seen this guys defeats, he must be my spiritual counter in SN. For my 2 cents worth I have been defeated in VIC for many years and tried SN, just could not get into it but each to their own I guess.

If you want success in VIC then latch onto an experienced player - NOT ME - who has won or survived a number of games. I wont inflate anyone ego but you can find out the best from signatures.

My only advice would be treat it as a game, dont take it too seriously, too many already do.

I've never played the space game. Perhaps I should try it once. While praying that the fantasy game gets off the ground, sometime in my lifetime.

Victory is very fast paced with the emphasis on attacking and accumulating the resources of others as quickly as possible. No attacking is allowed until turn 3, but several wars usually start on that turn. Conflicts tend to be bloody and quick. There are often large preformed alliances, but if you don't know anyone at first you can give yourself a chance by choosing an island nation or a nation with few neighbors. It is mostly about tactics and diplomacy, with no number crunching to speak of. It is entirely unlike SNROE, but somewhat like SN II. I have been playing Victory on and off since game #2 and everytime I come back I enjoy it.