Rolling Thunder Forums

Updated Exploration Order

KOTEC

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to build more than one surface fleet on their homeworld? I was wondering if it is possible. Since EXPL orders are random then exploring on your homeworld with the XOC order seems like the best solution of all...or the biggest exploit of the game design. Either way, I haven't tried it yet. I did however scrap my Bastion class fortress in favor of a design with drone racks, fighter bays, and cargo space. Never really thought about berthing or troop space but I suppose if it is complely random you could find one...maybe.

You can have as many fleets at your HW as you like.

I've certainly got 2 with Surface Fortresses on mine. One is for defence and keeps doing XSENS and XLFE. The other has double XEXPL and is there to help with managing my Pop Gps.

But also I don't see any problem in a HW fleet containing Surface Forts, Orbitals and Starships in the same fleet......................

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

How much should I invest in exploration?

How many ships do you need pr explore fleet?

Do you give them extra Action points or do you make Big exploration vessels with say 500000 Cargo bays and then letting the explore for a while?

Is exploration worth the effort if I have worlds in my home-system worth colonizing? Or is it mostly just for the fun that you do it??

thanks tokmok

Actually, I'm set up with XOC, XEXPL, XEXPL, XOC. Works great. Until that planet runs out. Then I'm screwed again setting up more orders.

Someone suggested awhile ago that we be informed when the planet is exhausted. I think that would be a great idea, and reduce player frustration. Just a quick blurb saying something to that effect.