Rolling Thunder Forums

7 Day Game

Monty

Would you play in a 7 day turn around game  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was wondering what the interest would be for a 7 Day turn around day. Not asked Russ but was wondering what the thoughts are out in Victory land. I personally hate to wait 14 days for a turn and would love a quicker game. But I also understand many players play multiple games and a 7 day game would hit on the finances.

Anyone any thoughts?

I have added a Pole as well, simple yes or no

I was wondering what the interest would be for a 7 Day turn around day. Not asked Russ but was wondering what the thoughts are out in Victory land. I personally hate to wait 14 days for a turn and would love a quicker game. But I also understand many players play multiple games and a 7 day game would hit on the finances.

Anyone any thoughts?

I am afraid for a teamof players 15 days is some kind of minimum period to allow each players turn to be processed in turn. And with one turn every week I would almost certainly miss a few, as there is less room to miss a critical day.

It would be difficult to play a 7 day turn cycle. TA reports woulds would not flow as easily. The turns would have to process and go back out the same day that they come in, so there would be no 'grace' period as there is now. And you would still have to rely on your TA to receive their turn and forward the results. As we all know, this game is played by people from all over the world and one could easily lose 2 or even 3+ days just waiting for results from an ally. I have a TA in one game who lives in Japan (I am in the Eastern US) and often has to travel to Korea for work. Sometimes we have had trouble in a 15 day turn cycle keeping up with each other. I am just not sure that 7 days is a good cycle. Maybe 10?

I would love to try a 7 day turn cycle. I just think that, unless you TA's live within the same 1-2 time zones, you may have trouble spreading out 2-3 TA's (never mind 4-5 TA's!) in the 7 day turn cycle to keep the info flowing the same as in a 15 day turn cycle.

Just my thought.....

Guest Spongebob

Further to what Earthling says, 7 days would just further the fog of war and show the need for smaller TA groups to get the best out of it, It may actually prevent these huge 5 person TA blocks getting the upper hand against smaller groups or single players and serve to even the balance a little so I say 7 days are good.

Anyone any thoughts?

I think it would be very good

I don't think we should make it too hard for Russ to do.

Such as:

Changing the rules to bend around the shorter turn around

Just get into the game

If we find TA's don't work just work around it

Paul

• 1 year later...

Errrrm I found this, Hey Russ, any chance of a 7 day turn around game for game 92????

Game 92 is close to setting up and has been advertised as a regular 14-day game so no chance of it being changed at the last min. It is possible to set up a 7 day game if there was enough support for it - I'm not sure it would play out well once players got past the easier, early turns though.

Russ

Whats the pros and cons you forsee oh wise one? for a future 7 day game? this pole although old suggests a 7 day game is wanted

Faster turnaround time can be fun but it also means you need to plan out and get your next turn ready in short order as well. With a short interval intelligence from TAs would be reduced considerably so that would mean more turns with limited intelligence (more contigency planning). Not opposed to the idea if we can get 30+ players lined up for it - be interesting to see how well it works and plays out.

Guest Spongebob

May I be so humble as to suggest you set up two games together - game 93 and 94, one is 7 day one is 14 and people sign up for either or. May take a little longer to fill up but at least you know whos into what

So Russ, to clarify, what is the estimated start date for game 92? Even a general estimate would be helpful. Thanks!

Rumors from the RTG side have been anywhere between end of october / middle november - start.