Rolling Thunder Forums

New order entry program - HELP!!!

I just used the new program to enter my orders and it worked great. Now the only problem I have is where to export it so that Russ can read it. I am sitting with the orders entered, but it does no good because Russ can't read it.

Ahhh, my old enemy from game 79 seeking my help now. Good thing I don't carry a grudge. :angry2:

You have to either press the 'Export' button (5th from the left) or select 'Export' from the 'File' menu.

• 5 weeks later...

Hamish

I am really looking forward to my first turn with VOEP. I am even more excited about using it for my second turn when I can alter a few fields and not have to re-type long stings of cities in my MCR orders.

Problem.....

I have entered orders up to Order #37 and it won't let me add new ones. I set the turn sheet up for 90 orders. Why is it refusing to add more. I can insert orders but I can't add new ones. What gives?????

Hamish

I am really looking forward to my first turn with VOEP. I am even more excited about using it for my second turn when I can alter a few fields and not have to re-type long stings of cities in my MCR orders.

Problem.....

I have entered orders up to Order #37 and it won't let me add new ones. I set the turn sheet up for 90 orders. Why is it refusing to add more. I can insert orders but I can't add new ones. What gives?????

Changing the number of orders in the Options screen only changes the number of orders for future turns.

To add orders to an existing turn, you have to either insert them as you have been doing, or you can press Alt+Enter while on the last order. This will add an order and move you to it automatically.

• 1 month later...

Anybody had trouble with the new program shutting down midway?

I successfully used the program for 2 game turns with no problems, but when I tried entering a longer turn the program shut down at about order 74??

No saving of all the typing I had done, nothing. At least the old program saves the orders as they are typed.

I tried again, retyping all the long MCR orders, but again it shut down on me in the mid 80s order numbers. I was set for 120 orders.

As the orders were due, I just used the old program and didn't try again.

Gecko,

I successfully used the program for 2 game turns with no problems, but when I tried entering a longer turn the program shut down at about order 74??

No saving of all the typing I had done, nothing. At least the old program saves the orders as they are typed.

I tried again, retyping all the long MCR orders, but again it shut down on me in the mid 80s order numbers. I was set for 120 orders.

Gecko,

I haven't seen this before. But then, I've never entered so many orders before either.

Would you mind sending me the turn file for troubleshooting? It can't be for game #86 if you're entering 120 orders, and that's the only one I am in.....

• 2 months later...

Gecko,

I haven't seen this before. But then, I've never entered so many orders before either.

Would you mind sending me the turn file for troubleshooting? It can't be for game #86 if you're entering 120 orders, and that's the only one I am in.....

Any news on this? I've had the same problem, the last 2 times I used VOEP, shutting down suddenly on order 80-something of 90 (Victory 86) - problem with Vista?? Now I save every few entries!

Any news on this? I've had the same problem, the last 2 times I used VOEP, shutting down suddenly on order 80-something of 90 (Victory 86) - problem with Vista?? Now I save every few entries!

I have been able to reproduce it, but have not had any time to investigate it thoroughly. I am thinking about a different approach for the next version that will probably solve the issue as well as improve performance a bit, but that will take even more time.

I vote for 29 hour days!

I have been able to reproduce it, but have not had any time to investigate it thoroughly. I am thinking about a different approach for the next version that will probably solve the issue as well as improve performance a bit, but that will take even more time.

I vote for 29 hour days!

Thanks - just give up sleep, it's overrated!! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...