Rolling Thunder Forums

Mitigation question

Sakarissa

In the old naval primer, it mentioned that as missiles/drones/fighter pulse engines were researched they would be harder to shoot down. Do better generations of those weapons get harder to shoot down? Do we have hard data proving this?

Sakarissa :thumbsup:

The Circle

Not that I have extensive hard data, but I do believe it to be true. I had a battle in which my opponent had Mk V Pulse Engines ( I think they were nuclear, but don't have at my fingertips) and I did not kill a single fighter. Granted, I was not well equipped with CIDS in that engagement, but was surprised that I didn't take a few of them out.

In the old naval primer, it mentioned that as missiles/drones/fighter pulse engines were researched they would be harder to shoot down. Do better generations of those weapons get harder to shoot down? Do we have hard data proving this?

Sakarissa :alien2:

The Circle

Not that I have extensive hard data, but I do believe it to be true. I had a battle in which my opponent had Mk V Pulse Engines ( I think they were nuclear, but don't have at my fingertips) and I did not kill a single fighter. Granted, I was not well equipped with CIDS in that engagement, but was surprised that I didn't take a few of them out.

I do not believe Pulse engines have any impact on missiles.