Rolling Thunder Forums

Strange Invasions / Naval engagements

Magyar88

I was wondering if there has been any game in which Iceland / USA or Canada has been invaded by someone from Europe?

if so - let me hear your war stories.

If you happen to be one of the above Nations, sorry for the new added paranoia. <_<

Game 41 : Bulgaria invaded Canada & Portugal invaded USA. Both North American nations were conquered without so much of struggle. It happened somewhere around turn 40 something.

I was wondering if there has been any game in which Iceland / USA or Canada has been invaded by someone from Europe?

If you happen to be one of the above Nations, sorry for the new added paranoia. :ranting:

Game 41 : Bulgaria invaded Canada & Portugal invaded USA. Both North American nations were conquered without so much of struggle. It happened somewhere around turn 40 something.

Bulgaria made it to the coast, built a fleet and landed in Canada by turn 45 or so? WOW! <_<

I guess I am also surprised that the Bulgarian player would choose British or American tech as well.

If you happen to be one of the above Nations, sorry for the new added paranoia. <_<

In game 8 I played UAE and we invaded USA right before end of game. Only was able to get New York, PHiladelphia and Springfiled before game ended. We also had Gibralter, Some of Southern Russia, all of Saudi Arabia, most of Persia, part of Libya, part of Egypt, part of Algeria. Was playing a single nation. Was beat by a very strong alliamce. Came in 2nd. Had British units.

Phil

I had Portugal and invaded US at xnorfolk

US was computer player and forced peace on me before I could make any advance

In game 8 I played UAE and we invaded USA right before end of game. Only was able to get New York, PHiladelphia and Springfiled before game ended. We also had Gibralter, Some of Southern Russia, all of Saudi Arabia, most of Persia, part of Libya, part of Egypt, part of Algeria. Was playing a single nation. Was beat by a very strong alliamce. Came in 2nd. Had British units.

Phil

Excellent

If you happen to be one of the above Nations, sorry for the new added paranoia. :ranting:

Bulgaria made it to the coast, built a fleet and landed in Canada by turn 45 or so? WOW! <_<

I guess I am also surprised that the Bulgarian player would choose British or American tech as well.

The Bulgarian player won that game. Bulgaria starts with a port: xBurgas. He took xSalonica on turn 4 and xEuboea on turn 6. He also took xTunis on turn 9 or 10. So, he was pretty much a force right from the get go. We met somewhere on the French/German border in that game in the mid 50's. I had most of North Africa all the way to the Suez, except for Tunisia and Egypt, and I just fell short of taking the Suez. My ships were there, ready to drop the marines, but I ran out of turns.

Another interesting thing that happened in game 41 was that Great Britain invaded Iceland and kept it all. The game finished with a very strange TA structure, so an individual winner was declared.

Another interesting thing that happened in game 41 was that Great Britain invaded Iceland and kept it all. The game finished with a very strange TA structure, so an individual winner was declared.

More concrete! More CHAB! More LDB!

If you happen to be one of the above Nations, sorry for the new added paranoia. :woohoo:

Bulgaria made it to the coast, built a fleet and landed in Canada by turn 45 or so? WOW! :woohoo:

Not that surprising. In #87, both Bulgaria and Rumania are/were using American.