Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84 (Returned)

Geez...there's so little communication on the forum for this game that the Topic is gone!

Hey Marklen....you still around? Our war hasn't quite been what I thought it would be.....getting ready for something big (I hope)?

Guess my subs have been a bit annoying for you :wub: We appreciate all those Naval points so late in the game.....

Geez...there's so little communication on the forum for this game that the Topic is gone!

Hey Marklen....you still around? Our war hasn't quite been what I thought it would be.....getting ready for something big (I hope)?

Guess my subs have been a bit annoying for you :wub: We appreciate all those Naval points so late in the game.....

I am still around. Actually, you using dead countries for free intel is a tactic I would of thought below you guys, and I am very dissapointed. It allows you far greater leeway on run dates.

I made probably the single biggest order snafu in my Victory! career to save you subs, when I sent 50 transports on a NSD against your subs and tried to land marines from my ASW force. It cost me a lot of good stuff, and would of been funny if it happened to somebody else.

You have it all your way at the moment, with all of you able to fight just me, but I think that will change very soon.

I am still around. Actually, you using dead countries for free intel is a tactic I would of thought below you guys, and I am very dissapointed. It allows you far greater leeway on run dates.

I made probably the single biggest order snafu in my Victory! career to save you subs, when I sent 50 transports on a NSD against your subs and tried to land marines from my ASW force. It cost me a lot of good stuff, and would of been funny if it happened to somebody else.

You have it all your way at the moment, with all of you able to fight just me, but I think that will change very soon.

Actually...I've been lobbying Russ against the "dead country" stuff....I think if your country has a negative treasury your should not be able to issue EM, CF, or alot of other stuff. Also, I think you'll find Lowlands has run very few turns over the last 10-15 turns....maybe three or four.

Glad to hear things are about to get interesting....if its any consolation....we've had a costly mistake or two as well.....but not quite that costly.

Jared

So Mark...if your post on the Negative Morale topic is true....what's the problem? Lowlands continues to be run by the player who started the game in the position. He simply continues to help his alliance from time to time by running a turn......

So Mark...if your post on the Negative Morale topic is true....what's the problem? Lowlands continues to be run by the player who started the game in the position. He simply continues to help his alliance from time to time by running a turn......

Got no problem with Lowlands as long as he is paying for his own turns. Can you explain Southern Russia?

Lowlands is still paying for his own turns....didn't know Southern was even playing...so no...don't know anything about that.

In another game....my alliance (which started out quite well, but another group was clearly in the lead) ended up fighting 11 players....at least seven of which I believe were being played by the same handful of 3-4.....that is something Russ needs to fix.

Got no problem with Lowlands as long as he is paying for his own turns. Can you explain Southern Russia?

Lowlands is still paying for his own turns....didn't know Southern was even playing...so no...don't know anything about that.

In another game....my alliance (which started out quite well, but another group was clearly in the lead) ended up fighting 11 players....at least seven of which I believe were being played by the same handful of 3-4.....that is something Russ needs to fix.

Oh?? Care to name some names so the rest of us know these cheats?

LOL! I was thinking the same thing....

If I was certain, I would. But I'd prefer not to accuse anyone without any real evidence.....just suspicion based on how things played out and the timing of certain events.

If I was certain, I would. But I'd prefer not to accuse anyone without any real evidence.....just suspicion based on how things played out and the timing of certain events.

I guess if you feel strongly about it, you could give your thoughts to Russ. As for my TA team (Sweden/North/Baltic/Central) we are the original players and when you guys took Romania, we all dropped the TA. No dead country playing here.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Gee Marklen....first your Navy and now your Air Force....feel free to offer up your Armies to us as well :angry2:

Ouch.....I was just kidding....but feeding those armies to us had to hurt. :woohoo:

Your talk would carry more weight if it was not for the fact that 1. you have a numerical advantage and 2. you find that you need to play atleast 3 other countries to gather intel.

Gee Marklen....first your Navy and now your Air Force....feel free to offer up your Armies to us as well :angry2:

Ouch.....I was just kidding....but feeding those armies to us had to hurt. :woohoo:

Your talk would carry more weight if it was not for the fact that 1. you have a numerical advantage and 2. you find that you need to play atleast 3 other countries to gather intel.

So when Mark's allies stick around to issue orders with little or no territory left (say, in Game 87)...it is their loyalty, but when ours do it....it is what is required to beat you. LOL. Given our start in this game (I lost my capital in the first ten turns of the game), I'd say we've done quite well. Sorry that you haven't fared as well when you had actual players to deal with rather than the computer positions.

Jared

By the way...who are the other two countries? I only know of Lowlands still running turns on occasion for intel gathering (and it is the original player from the start of the game). I know that Libya appears to still be fighting, but without a TA to anyone in our block of four, I don't see much in the way of intel. I believe that is the original player as well. I'm sorry you guys haven't managed to fare better, but Libya has apparently defended quite well with far less resources than UAE in what is the best I can tell a one-on-one fight, and has been for twenty turns, maybe more.