Rolling Thunder Forums

Skim Orders

rfouasnon

Everybody might check your skim convoy route orders . I have several positions where the orders are working as they are supposed to , but then other positions where the fleet will skim an amount , and then dump everything from the tanks , leaving the tanks completely empty . What I am noticing is that the positions where the skim orders are not working correctly are higher numbered positions .

================================================================================

========================================= REfuel GG [Priority 10]

-----SKIM (Skim Gas Giant)-----

SKIM: 91

8000 tons of Fuel is recovered as a result of skimming operations The commander of 91st Recon Fleet # 91 jettisons excess Fuel that could not fit into his Fuel Tankage (52600 Fuel is ditched) ================================================================================

========================================= 91st Recon Fleet #91 continues to run its convoy route until completion ================================================================================

=========================================

Thanks for the hint !

All my positions up to including #1405 were not affected, all others above and including #1956 were.

Maybe we can help Pete here narrowing the bracket even more by posting position numbers not affected which are higher than

my #1405 and positions which are affected which are lower than my #1956.

I don't have an empire with that range, but my higher empires are affected too. If a fleet was skimming and offloading, everything seems fine. However, if it was just skimming and keeping the fuel, it acted like the fleet had 0 fuel tanks and dumped everything, including the fuel I already had.

I emailed Pete about this yesterday as I assumed that I was the only one affected (I normally hear about things here and then realise they affect me :rolleyes: ). He asked if my fleets were skimming more than 2 billion fuel as there is a SKIM cap of that amount. It is safe to say they are not ;) I have not heard anything since, but that could be because it has become a bigger issue.

BTW only my empires numbered 1929 and above were affected and it looks like it was only fleets performing a SKIM as part of a convoy route (i.e. XSKIM and one off SKIM commands performed fine).

I also noticed some strange reporting with fleets providing fuel on SUPP duty. Purely cosmetic in that it reported that more fuel was transferred than it had (Fleets received the correct amounts available/needed). Did anybody else notice this?

I experienced the same and sent Pete details yesterday as well.

This morning discovered another Fuel issue, did some OC Fuel orders on multiple fleets and what transferred was 2/3's of the fuel in each fleet; the rest of the fuel disappeared.

Pete - I'll drop you a line with the detail.

Nooooo ! no rerun of turns.

He should simply fill up all the holds with fuel.

The few fleets, that will benefit from this, will be a far lesser problem than a rerun of science hits.

Pete, simply topof all the fuel Tankages in the universe, it will be an easy sql statement and I think noone will

find it really bad. But no rerun or new pdfs are needed to be delivered.

Topping up all fuel tanks seems to be the simplest fix. Nothing was hurt on my current turn as all of my SKIM orders in convoy routes are in dedicated SKIM convoy routes. If someone has a SKIM as part of a regular convoy route with WARP orders etc, that may need individual fixing by Pete.

Please do not run the turns again . Pete has given me a short reply , and said to submit orders as if the fleet were full of fuel , and that he is looking into the issue .

"Richard,

Looking into it - assume that your fleets have full fuel tanks for purposes of working on your next turn.

Pete "

Topping up all fuel tanks seems to be the simplest fix. Nothing was hurt on my current turn as all of my SKIM orders in convoy routes are in dedicated SKIM convoy routes

I agree. I'll run code that will simply top off every fleet, so that you can prepare for the upcoming turn knowing that your fleets have no fuel issues.

Topping up all fuel tanks seems to be the simplest fix. Nothing was hurt on my current turn as all of my SKIM orders in convoy routes are in dedicated SKIM convoy routes

I agree. I'll run code that will simply top off every fleet, so that you can prepare for the upcoming turn knowing that your fleets have no fuel issues.