Rolling Thunder Forums

Statements by DWILLARD

The Boo Consulate

Ok, let me get this straight (referring to the Boo, Woolfe99 and T'Aleen) (so I don't lose an important Beer Run convoy by accident) and you can each answer this individually, since I don't wish to "lump" your answers as one:

Scenario A: One of my ships and one of your ships spy each other at WP 123456 in the Boonies System (naturally made up, or to repeat PETE, these numbers are not real and for example only :lol: )

Nobody blows anybody up, we just spot each other. :cheers:

Q1? What do you do?

Q2? If I inform you that I have been in this system for several turns, please leave. What is your response?

Scenario B: You warp into one of my systems, that happens to have a fleet on shoot to kill, you are fired upon and vaporized.

Q1? What do you do?

Q2? I inform you that I am sorry about the vaporization of your ship, but you entered Sabeli sovereign territory. Can we still be friends? Your response?

Scenario C: Same as B, but your ships vaporize mine ( and please note you must have warships for this to happen as NONE of my explorer vessels are set on shoot to kill)

Q1? I tell you to leave. Your response.

This is not an "anti-GSL" question, I just really would like to know the answer in case I run into you. Especially since the Boo's definition of sovereignty differs from mine. Also, anybody else please feel free to respond to the same questions.

Sincerely,

Alcorn the Honored One :jawdrop:

Sabeli Ecok

Ah! A delightful posting place. Remember the KISS (keep is simple s.....)

My thoughts would be.

I send a fleet in it gets vaped. :cheers:

Poor little pathfinder. I attempt to contact the empire no response for a few turns. I send in a bigger ship or at least station one at the other end of the warp point (don't know if I have a friend with bad communication or an enemy or an idiot :cheers: ) Whoops I warp in and vape him back :jawdrop:

Now it is really time to find out what we are.

Senario 1 I attempt to contact you and can probalbe set up a situation to leave the system to you, assuming it is not my home system (you little sneaky :huh: )

Senario 2 We contact each other, sure I can leave your system

Senario 3 We contact each other, sure I can leave your system

Fun Stuff those senarios

Kurassier what are your responses to those senarios with you entering my system :unsure:

As to Capt'n Jack If I am recalling correctly didn't you post at first a limited battle report showing that you had jumped in with a battle cruiser and the poor little pathfinder opened up and shot you once with it's big old 10 CM Autocannon and was obliterated by your ship. Only later to release that you have been on Zulu(or close?) and had launched a few thousand attack fighters first and the pathfinder said oh shit we dead...

Is that how you justify coming through a warp point if full battle/attack mode "it was a dropped GSL position" (or wait maybe you had Romeo and had declared the GSL enemies :( )

Good Hunting to you Capt'n :blink:

Long

Live Emanon

Emanon:

My answers would be as follows:

Scenario A: Q1 - I would contact you to begin diplomatic dialog.

Q2 - If I had not been in this system before and had just warped in, I would leave and then begin a diplomatic dialog to discuss our "borders"

Scenario B: Q1 - Mourn the loss of my exploration vessel and begin dipomatic dialog. I would NOT send in another ship without an agreement with you, unless I wanted to go to war with you. (which currently is unlikely)

Q2 - Yes. Explorer vessels are by their nature, expendable, and I would not hold it against you. Now if you came through the WP seeking more of my ships, then I would take offense.

Scenario C: In my case this could only be my explorer destroying one of your unarmed ships (in which case I would wonder why your unarmed ships are set on shoot first ask later), but I would leave and begin dialog. Please note that NONE of my fleets that are armed to the teeth will be going into unknown territory (except in some rare instance I can't think of at the moment)

Sabeli policy is to attempt to make diplomatic contact with the other alien race. If they did not respond, I would have 2 choices. Leave them alone, or force my way into their space. I would most likely choose to leave them alone and keep trying to get a hold of them.

Alcorn the Honored One

Alcorn the Honored One of the Sabeli Ecok

We thank you for this opportunity to further demonstarte our good will and desire to be good neighbors.

Scenario A: One of my ships and one of your ships spy each other at WP 123456 in the Boonies System (naturally made up, or to repeat PETE, these numbers are not real and for example only :lol: )

Nobody blows anybody up, we just spot each other. :jawdrop:

Q1? What do you do?

The Boo would attempt to contact you via the forum and or in game (the greeting would be friendly).

Q2? If I inform you that I have been in this system for several turns, please leave. What is your response?

All things being equal, the Boo craft would be ordered to leave the system as a gesture of good will. This assumes we could leave and weren't somehow trapped by an "F" or "G." We would then begin an inquiry into the exact nature of your claim. We would then try to enter into good faith negotiations the relationship of our two races.

Scenario B: You warp into one of my systems, that happens to have a fleet on shoot to kill, you are fired upon and vaporized.

Q1? What do you do?

We would become very angry and might retaliate the next turn. In all likihood we would attempt contact, commence negotiations, and make a demand for reparations while we determined if it was necessary to go to war.

Q2? I inform you that I am sorry about the vaporization of your ship, but you entered Sabeli sovereign territory. Can we still be friends? Your response?

If you said you were sorry we would be willing to work out a reasonable compromise areement so that future mishaps did not occur. We would be slightly less trusting, and we would scrutinize your claims to sovereignty more thuroughly than if you had just said go way. We would probably also demand some guarentee against future aggression.

When deciding to go to War the Boo employ a just war theory that looks at the following factors:

1) Causus Belli

2) Necessity

3) Exhaustion of diplomatic remedies

4) Get more out of war than we put into it

Scenario C: Same as B, but your ships vaporize mine ( and please note you must have warships for this to happen as NONE of my explorer vessels are set on shoot to kill)

Q1? I tell you to leave. Your response.

The Boo would leave, initiate contact, and offer to pay reasonable reparations and negotiate a mutually beneficial system to ensure that incident like it never happened again.

In Peace

Boo Consulate

To wolfee....

Here we go again. Didn't I call you on this in the other thread already? You know very well that the GSL position that "fired on you" was dropped at the time. It had been dropped in early stages, and was still set to default encounter orders. Yet in all the times you've made this remark, you've never once pointed that out. If anyone on this board isn't aware of your personal grudge at this point, they're blind.

Is a dropped GSL position not a GSL position? If this is the case then it wasn't a GSL position but a) did you know that position had dropped and :P Isn't he still part of your alliance?

:beer: Hmmm DWillard I have a question for you, have you actually talked to the player running the "NSI"? Have you seen his turn results? Do you know for a fact that this system is his HW or maybe just some system that he has ships parked at the WPs? Do you know what "Roleplaying" style he has chosen to play in this game? If you have not spoken directly to this said player, then you know nothing of what is/was/will be! You only have "guessing" by other uniformed players like yourselve trying to play politics and get what-ever point accross.

I pose the same question to you. Have you seen the NSI's turn results? Do you know for a fact that it's not his home system? All we have to go on is the info that WKE provided -- and that's my point! There are too many unknowns to immediately label the NSI as evil and he is going to destroy the galaxy if not stopped ASAP.

Now reading your many posts, one has to wonder what your beef with the GSL is? What is your real political reason for doing this? You keep picking at the GSL and trying to find fault with anything, but never bother to say what you would do or how it could be done better. It is real easy to be crittical of others , I guess your perfect and everyone should march to the tune of your Goose-Step...hmmm???

I don't keep trying to "find fault with anything", only with the things that seem to go against what the GSL has stated are their goals, ideals, philosophies, etc. I know I come across as anti-GSL but it's really not the case. I doubt I'll ever convice you of that but, oh well.

You want to know what I would do? If I were in the exact same situation as WKE (and being a member of the GSL) after loosing the first pathfinder I would try and contact the other player just as he did. I would assume the other player was defending his territory. I would not challange him for the territory and I would not have tried to sneak the second pathfinder in around the defended warp point. I would consider that system off limits for me. Especially after not getting a response from the other player, I would build up heavily on my defenses in case he came out on the attack and would focus my exploration efforts in another direction. There is so much space to explore that I'm getting to the point where I'm relieved when I come to a dead end (Be it a deadend system or the boarder of another player's territory) However, if the other player then came out of his territory and attacked my defensive positions, I would go at him full force. Even if I wasn't a member of the GSL, this is what I would likely do.

Dwillard states, "There is so much space to explore that I'm getting to the point where I'm relieved when I come to a dead end (Be it a deadend system or the boarder of another player's territory"

I would agree. In fact, I am usually relieved when I do a SS and it comes back as a warp nexus! These 20 and 30 planetary body systems I'm finding takes a lot of Exploration by my fleets. :beer:

Fellas-

I personally think its more crucial to explore the space where I have made contact with another empire than turn to other exploration needs.

The GSL ideal is noble - but - I don't think anyone would be out of their mind by exploring into systems form the system where you made contact. I discussed this in another post ad nauseum.

Sufficeth to say - unless you say "stop! you are intruding, please turn around" I'm going to keep looking - especially if I came in through a 1-way.

I think NSI has finally said "stop your are intruding, please turn around" and I don't think WKE was out of bounds for exploring the boundaries with a stranger-empire. Put yourself in his shoes :beer: