Rolling Thunder Forums

Dr. Strangelove

ShadowKitsune

Two threads for the price of one.  :thumbsup:  And still no actual answers to my original questions.   :D

My guess is that no one knows, so we're just having fun with it. *shrug*

Fun is good. Keeps you from performing self-mutilation due to frustration, boredom and Vogon poetry. :lol:

Ahem, "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found Under My Armpit One Midsummer's Morning" Ah, oh, MDD's. Yes.

I am under the impression from the descriptions of various MDD's that they tend to distribute damage differently as between population and installations, e.g. the ESP MDD's seem to be more harmful to pop. I don't really know how it is distributed among various categories of installations and whether you first lose the unemployed pop. My guess is that it takes from unemployed first, then you start to lose installations as you would with colony attrition. That would seem to be the most likely scenario, as Pete could use the same code that he uses for pop attrition.

- Woolfe

I am under the impression from the descriptions of various MDD's that they tend to distribute damage differently as between population and installations, e.g. the ESP MDD's seem to be more harmful to pop. I don't really know how it is distributed among various categories of installations and whether you first lose the unemployed pop. My guess is that it takes from unemployed first, then you start to lose installations as you would with colony attrition. That would seem to be the most likely scenario, as Pete could use the same code that he uses for pop attrition.

I would agree that using the Attrition code would be one of the likely scenarios. However, having been wrong a multitude of times on what would seem the logical conclusion to a given scenario and what actually is in place in the SN:ROTE universe, I figured I'd put it out there.

As you pointed out, the various MDDs have descriptions that would lend one to believe that their effects vis-a-vis population and/or structures differ from MDD path to MDD path. One can assume that the level of devastation increases up the path, a Level 4 ESP-based MDD being more devastating than a Level 1 ESP-based MDD. The question is how does a Level 1 ESP-based MDD compare to a Level 1 Thermonuclear Reaction-based MDD?

One could argue that the 'Nuke' destroys indescriminently with its expanding and contracting nuclear confligration, while the ESP-based weapon just blows people minds out. The former would take out Installations and the Pop within them and maybe a few unemployed Pop that happened to be around, while the latter may just kill the Population and if there is enough unemployed Pop left, no buildings would be lost.

<sigh> So many things, so little information. :D

The question is how does a Level 1 ESP-based MDD compare to a Level 1 Thermonuclear Reaction-based MDD?

Well I don't know the answer to that, but all I can say is that if they turn out to be same... :D

If they do, I'll bet 1000 Thamsos that Locklyn will be posting something about the uselessness of Psychic Abilities and the lack of documentation about said same, about 30 minutes after the fact is posted. :lol:

The question is how does a Level 1 ESP-based MDD compare to a Level 1 Thermonuclear Reaction-based MDD?

Well I don't know the answer to that, but all I can say is that if they turn out to be same... :ranting:

If they do, I'll bet 1000 Thamsos that Locklyn will be posting something about the uselessness of Psychic Abilities and the lack of documentation about said same, about 30 minutes after the fact is posted. :lol:

Yes, but the sad thing is, he'd be right...

Also due to the techs size and simplicity, I seem to be finding a lot of MDD's.  For example, in recent turns my explorers have located 883 Thermo-Atomic Bombs and 1390 Nuclear Bombs (three finds add to this amount), 543 Telekinetic Blasters, and 35 Telekinetic Rippers. 

MDDs to be seem to be easy to find, indeed. I found almost 1100 nuclear bombs with one EXPL this turn. :ranting::(:thumbsup:

Lord Xaar

We have all come to know and love Locklyn's consistency

Why thank you Laser Wolf! :cheers:

I must say that I've softened lately and not led that many vicious onslaughts upon the bastion of rules and documentation, perhaps I've finally realised that however frustrated I get at times, I keep paying, and I keep playing so...

I am Lars, and I am a Supernova addict.... :cheers:

Sometimes I think it was a good thing I wasn't around the first round of SN, would have driven Pete and Russ bonkers <_<

Anyways, latest from Bug Bug land:

For some reason, mental powers and some other stuff are missing when you do TAC orders so your troops are not quite as useless as you could be led to think, Pete is looking into this...

And that is why I would like an official bug/repair thread :P

:cheers: All!

/Locklyn