Rolling Thunder Forums

Religious Characters

Lord Xaar

> Archbishop Howzacal Minisek prayed at a forbidding Grand Cathedral dedicated to Kar-Tang the Reaver, generating favor for your Empire in the eyes of Kar-Tang the Reaver!

> Archbishop Howzacal Minisek prayed at a gloomy Grand Cathedral dedicated to Vladchek the Dark One, generating favor for your Empire in the eyes of Vladcheck the Dark One!

> Archbishop Howzacal Minisek prayed at an impressive Grand Cathedral dedicated to Valakar the Swift, generating favor for your Empire in the eyes of Valakar the Swift!

Well I'm glad that Archbishop Howzacal Minisek is so open-minded about the various religions out there <_<

I don't SEE any benefits yet. Combat modifiers perhaps? Perhaps they are like research points and we will only see advances after a certain amount of turns?

My guess (only a guess) is religons are like neutrals in some fashion. The prayer points will build up over time. When through luck you get enough prayer points in with a Deity, then you'll get some blurb that opens up an option to follow that religon. And once you do that you go up or down in that religon based on other game actions, and maybe some special techs open up (like the Righteous Thunderbolt). Just guessing.

Sha'thar wells. She did hear rumors that in -past- interations of the SN universe, favor with one's diety occasionally caused things to happen. Like give one the opportunity to summon divisions of holy armies to fight for you. They would instantly appear where you would command!

But -only- if you had gained and maintained a certain amount of favor with one's diety! She's also heard of holy relics which give benefits in various situations.

Also, she wonders if religious leaders might have something to do with the creation of 'fanatic' populations, for the creation of fanatic divisions?

Sha'thar ponders the 'freman' from Dune, which were basically warrior-fanatics.

So no. They are -not- fireflies that got stuck in that big bluish black thing.

Okay, 'System Lord Ra', it's time to take our medication. Look, it is even a pretty blue color. Open wide for the airplane. *makes propeller noises while moving the prozac pill closer to his mouth* Be a good 'System Lord' and take your medication. If you don't I'll have to call in the big guys with the shock rods. You don't want that, do you?

Sakarissa :blink:

Sha'thar wells. She did hear rumors that in -past- interations of the SN universe, favor with one's diety occasionally caused things to happen. Like give one the opportunity to summon divisions of holy armies to fight for you. They would instantly appear where you would command!

But -only- if you had gained and maintained a certain amount of favor with one's diety! She's also heard of holy relics which give benefits in various situations.

In the previous incarnations of the Universe there were indeed relegious artifacts and other benifits from following one of the Universal Dieties. Further the higher your rank in the Relegion the greater the benifits. I am nost sure that Fanatic Population/Troops is a Item for faithfull but it would make sense. I am not sure how things will work here but in the past it was rumored that oncce you chose a path you were allied to every other sentient that chose the same path so chosse wisely

Witch King T'Lariss the Great