Rolling Thunder Forums

Combat B

PhaseDragon

How many choices in the Combat B category did you make? You could expand your answer by listing them if you would like.  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was wondering what people chose since there is a lot of discussion about numbers recently instead of designing a special race. I know that saved points are critical but I also have heard that most of the original core empires spent all their points as I did. Just curious really as to who the real game PLAYERS are.

I took Energy Draining and Acid Expulsion for my lifeform. Incidently, I also took Natural PSI Disruption for special abilities. Actually here is my exact lifeform design:

LIFEFORM Subterran Reptile

SHAPE Humanoid

SIZE Average

INGESTION Omnivorous

REPRODUCTION Excellent

HEAD

ARMS Four-Armed

TAIL

BODY ARMOR

STRENGTH Brawny

AGILITY Average

CONSTITUTION Average

INTELLIGENCE Above Avg

SENSORY Excellent

TELEPATH Telepath - Class 1

ESP ESP - Class 1

TELEKINESIS Telekinetic - Class 1

COMBAT A Fangs

COMBAT B Acid Expulsion

COMBAT B Energy Drain

COMBAT C Superior Tunnelling

SPECIAL Long Life Cycle

SPECIAL Natural Psi Disruption

My 2 races have zero Combat B and Combat C. They started on turn 11 and last turn, respectively. The original race has about 25 points into combat A features. The newer one has no pure combat features.

I'd be willing to bet that for empires that started after around turn 10, the overwhelming bulk of points have been used for SRP's, RM, and CB, with combat only features being a distant last. Many of the features that give an RM (INT/SENSES) and many that give a CB also give combat mods. I'd bet that people feel content with the combat mods they are getting as a secondary benefit to the research and colonization bonuses, and relatively few are opting to spend points just for combat. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

- woolfe

I have a feeling that a lot of people's opinions on the value of the various ground combat lifeform choices will change once the troops start landing. Folks will not be able to defend every planet everywhere and will be greatly disapointed when the enemy troops start eating up their colonies

I have a feeling that a lot of people's opinions on the value of the various ground combat lifeform choices will change once the troops start landing. Folks will not be able to defend every planet everywhere and will be greatly disapointed when the enemy troops start eating up their colonies

You actually have to find someone else in order to be worried about that. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Is this thread more relevant now that troops HAVE started landing? MadMartinB, care to comment?

And yes, we are very bored waiting for our other empire results to come in. *sigh*