Rolling Thunder Forums

Wars going on

AKO

Are you in a war at the moment (end 2003)?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We, Apophis, System Lord of the Gou'ald and Fleet Admiral speak for the Gou'ald as the mouth of System Lord Ra, are at war with what pretends to be a space faring race. After entering 1H and 2G war points we have found ourself in conflict with what appears to be a primitive race of space faring creatures.

Ra, Prime of the System Lords, has directed us to ignore the repeated pleas for peace.

We have dispatched several mother ships to explain extermination to this race of plants. We are only concerned that they will not make suitable hosts.

War has broken out.

Captain Dragon -

Why would the GSL miss the pirate thing. We, Jack Crow and the Bucaneer Fleet of Tortuga, have never been part of the GSL.

We have encountered a GSL player and are in discussions with him. Mind you peaceful discussions unlike some of our esteemed GSL Players and their neighbors...

Kindly singing songs of pirate escapades and brazen hussies while wondering at what moon our Pirate brethen barks....

We, Jack Crow and the Bucaneer Fleet of Tortuga, have never been part of the GSL.

We have encountered a GSL player and are in discussions with him. Mind you peaceful discussions unlike some of our esteemed GSL Players and their neighbors...

You must be getting soft in your dottage -- a GSL member who is not to be mocked, ridiculed or provoked? :blink: Or is that your New Year's Resolution, be kind to a GSL Member? (Just one, mind you, so that the other pirates will let you play in their pirate games at X-mas next year. :lol: )

Yo Ho Ho!

-SK :beer:

I doubt the PA makes as many "whoops it was just a mistake" mistakes....

Ok, I'll bite. I make mistakes all the time with my empires...BI instead of EB (who hasn't screwed up their economy with that mistake?)...wrong digit in WP# on MOVE order so ship doesn't move and THEN warps to wrong system on subsequent WARP order...put research in wrong RC on SRP order and later wondered, "why am I not still researching x?"...miscalculated my Proc Rads and left myself none for my Fission Pwr Plants on subsequent turn...the list goes on and on.

My point? Well, are you saying all those mistakes and more that have been committed, coupled with the general inaccuracies of the rules and programming, doesn't account for any possibility of mistakes on initial contact? Yeah, and Al Gore really did invent the internet...and pants. I fully expect that when I meet a neighbor finally, that there will be mistakes, problems, and misunderstandings...and probably a few ships destroyed through incomprehension of ROE settings, fleet orders, battle plans, diplomacy orders, which may or may not be working, agreed borders, etc.

As one without neighbors, what is this the general sentiment out there? That first contact will be without mistakes and very smooth? Or that there will be inevitable mistakes and misunderstandings. What say you?