Rolling Thunder Forums

Inventory Control

Octus Imperium

Where do you get that calculation? If you produce Improved ICs (say 1000 a turn) you free 2000 pop a turn. With Growth rate you could deploy 2800+ a turn and have the CM for 2000 of them.

Example:

DISM 3000 IC

CON 1000 Improved IC

This is a wash in production and gives you 2000 people and CM for 2000 people. Off they go!

So you would build 45 Colony berthings for 10 turns. Gives you 450 capacity. I also have about 1M Cargo Bay now as well.

Then you convert to making Crystals/Radioactives/Gaseous etc...... to make 2025 engines a turn (you can actually make more of the basics than just for 2025).

You do this for 2 turns. While doing this you do MK I Fusion and then MK II Fusion.

Your Improves kick in when you get MK I Fusion. You then Q them all up for building 20250 MK II Fusions.

I should be able to build enough for 3-4 ships on the first turn (stock piles from my mines etc...) and then enough for 1-2 ships a turn. No I have HUGE Iron deposits in system (805, 736, 499 and then my home world). I then need to focus.

While I am converting I buy advanced bionics and Improved Cybernetics. I've been consolidating lumber for 14 turns and then I switch over to making the Improved ICs. Off and running...

Works fine for me. I'm popping MK II Fusions this turn and have all the Improves Qd.

Where do you get that calculation? If you produce Improved ICs (say 1000 a turn) you free 2000 pop a turn. With Growth rate you could deploy 2800+ a turn and have the CM for 2000 of them.

I depends what you are holding constant and what is your variable. You only "free up" population if you are holding HW production constant. I'm not necessarily interested in holding my HW production constant.

It's quite simple. (CM + ICM) / 500 = pop employed (not counting power requirements). It doesn't really matter whether you move some of the pop off of the HW or not for full employment purposes. Most of the ones moved off the HW are hopefully working resource mines and therefore more efficient, but they could otherwise be gainfully employed making things out of Raw Resources on the HW. Same total employment.

You may not want to brag too loudly in public about spending 100% of your production for the first 36 turns of the game on industry, colony ships, freighters, and colonization. One of your neighbors could have built over 15 million tons of warships in that same time frame. They might find your fat home system a tempting target. Even your increased production and assumed higher tech weapons may not make up for 15 million tons worth of warships in time. They may have also been planning ahead.

How do you guys go about researching all the material techs like impr. steel etc? it seems to take up an awful lot of RC´s to do it. Do you specialize from the beginning or do you bite the bullit and research as much material tech as possible??

How important is it considering the layout of the tech tree to get ALL the improved materials before starting on the advanced ???

thanks tokmok

How do you guys go about researching all the material techs like impr. steel etc? it seems to take up an awful lot of RC´s to do it. Do you specialize from the beginning or do you bite the bullit and research as much material tech as possible??

How important is it considering the layout of the tech tree to get ALL the improved materials before starting on the advanced ???

thanks tokmok

I started Improved basics on turn 1 and got them on the turn 10 run. Not all of them, but the rest of the basic Improved will arrive this next turn, except for one holdout. Have not started the likes of Improved plantfoods, etc, yet. I do not subscribe to the idea of multiple RC's on one tech, because of the inefficiencies. And I switched from slot one space advances about 4 turns ago to slot one industrial efficiency advances. Ground forces have been neglected, but am now devoting some resources to them.

If I started a new empire today, I'd probably do space advances in slot one up to Fusion Mk I, then work on industrial efficiencies (assuming a colonization strategy). Definitely start improved basics turn 1 and also any 1st or 2nd gen techs on turn 1 (Got 2nd Gen Social rather quickly by that ways well as 1st Gen Terraforming).

But others have different ideas. And mine are cobbled together based on only 10 turns and reading these boards.

Octus

;)

thanks tokmok

It seems to me that Advanced [insert Product Here] opens up more things than does Improved [insert Product Here].

Examples:

Advanced Fuel - Opens up the Transwarp Drives branch

Advanced Refined Crystals - Allows the construction of Orbital Crystal Refineries

That being said, I, too, only single slot material advances (1 RC/material); plus I lag certain materials behind others (e.g. Improved Construction Materials I started researching after Improved Steel and Improved Timber research, since I need those to manufacture ICMs).

Again, the research tree is so vast, it depends on your style of play how you should assign your research.

-SK ;)

I am currently converting over to improved industries and can easily convert 3000-5000 a turn given other variables. My colonization efforts consume all excess pop and a bit more so all industrial improvements are made by DISM existing industries which frees up CM's to go to colonies. If I had the iron resources of other posters I would be at least twice as far along, alas my small bit of space seems to be a bit light in that regard. :(

My current industrial capacity is equal to about 520,000 standard industires, not counting any industrial science bonus.

You should move colonista as fast as possible. The bottle neck starts with a CM bottle neck but quickly shifts to a colonist transport bottle neck.

BTW - My transports are 8 AP. :cheers: