Rolling Thunder Forums

Exploration Results

MacBeth

Also, is there (don't currently believe there is) or will there be a way to Trade WP information? (probably a question for Pete)

This would have to be limited in some way, as the possibilities for abuse stagger the mind. :) (Six turn sheets on w.p. sharing orders in one cycle? Sure, sign me up...my Pathfinder crews are tired and homesick.)

It would be nice to do on a small scale though.

LX

I like this idea of trading WP information, however, as pointed out, it does cause concerns of abuse. :unsure:

I would suggest a limit of 1 or 2 WP(s) info per Empire turn, with a minimum requirement of establishing a Trade Agreement between both empires. :)

I would suggest a limit of 1 or 2 WP(s) info per Empire turn, with a minimum requirement of establishing a Trade Agreement between both empires.

I don't mind limiting the exchange of WP information to empires that have a certain level of agreement, should at least be Allies.

If Pete decides to allow the exchange of Warp Point information, and that is a mighty big if. I think it should be a function of a formal political agreement between Empires (i.e. Trade Agreement - 1 WP/turn; Allies - 2 WP/turn; Total Allies - 4 WP/turn) and require Legendary Characters (e.g. Agents, Diplomats, Naval Officers, Scientists or Explorers) to be involved as couriers.

YMMV,

-SK :)

As to the EXPL success and WP's -

I recently built 2 Astronomical Observatories in two different colony systems. That same turn I received WP information in both systems as to a WP leading out of the system that was previously unexplored. Prior to that, all of my WP information from EXPL's were between 2 unknown systems.

Also, is there (don't currently believe there is) or will there be a way to Trade WP information? (probably a question for Pete)

Nope - can't trade warp point data. Each empire needs to survey the warp connections individually (trusting the data those weird 8-legged aliens gave you is out of the question).

As to the EXPL success and WP's -

I recently built 2 Astronomical Observatories in two different colony systems. That same turn I received WP information in both systems as to a WP leading out of the system that was previously unexplored.  Prior to that, all of my WP information from EXPL's were between 2 unknown systems.

Nope - can't trade warp point data. Each empire needs to survey the warp connections individually (trusting the data those weird 8-legged aliens gave you is out of the question).

Probably a really sound idea, Pete