Rolling Thunder Forums

Exploration Results

MacBeth

In general, when I see my EXPL results uncover a new jump connection I don't even read it. What are the odds the game will last long enough to find those particular systems?

BUT,

I have a Mk II JSS ship trapped in a system with planets by E-class jumps. Although I planned to rescue the ship, it was a lower priority than other things. So, out of boredom, the crew started to do EXPLs. After a few minor successes (FUEL!!!), they discovered a jump connection. But this time it was the way out of the system!! It can't have been a coincidence - there must be a bias towards discovering warp connections in the system you are in.

Anyone with similar results?

(Of course, if it was a coincidence, I should have played the lottery that day.)

Currently my EXPL fleets have only discovered one Warp Point and it was in a system that was unknown to me. In all fairness, the fleet that was performing the EXPL missions was in my home system. I doubt there is a chance that a new warp point will appear in your home system.

In general, when I see my EXPL results uncover a new jump connection I don't even read it. What are the odds the game will last long enough to find those particular systems?

BUT,

I have a Mk II JSS ship trapped in a system with planets by E-class jumps. Although I planned to rescue the ship, it was a lower priority than other things. So, out of boredom, the crew started to do EXPLs. After a few minor successes (FUEL!!!), they discovered a jump connection. But this time it was the way out of the system!! It can't have been a coincidence - there must be a bias towards discovering warp connections in the system you are in.

Anyone with similar results?

(Of course, if it was a coincidence, I should have played the lottery that day.)

It wasn't a coincidence...

So far I have discovered 8 links. All of the discovery have come in systems where I had already explored all the ins and outs. Of the 8 (total of 16 stars), I have not located where in the heck any of them are. I have yet to locate any of the 16 stars.

So, perhaps you are very likely to get hits in system if you have unexplored WP's. Any hits after you know all the WP's in that system then are much more random.

So, perhaps you are very likely to get hits in system if you have unexplored WP's. Any hits after you know all the WP's in that system then are much more random.

That would seem to make sense.

Speaking of warp nexii. Has anyone done an Expl order while at a nexus?

What is the succesrate of the exploration orders? If i do a 100 how many whould be a hit? And are there planets/moons with a higher succesrate than others?

Good question. Unfortunately I do not have a good answer. :cheers: The Q Republic's success rate is pretty dismal, around 5%. I know of a couple empires who have (or had) better success rates than that, and I'm willing to bet that there are a few empires that have had worse success rates than that.

I do know that my fleets with Scientists, Explorers or both have a higher success rate than those that do not. :taz:

I have had better success on my Homeworld than anywhere else that I have explored. :beer:

I hope that helps a little.

-SK :ph34r:

As to the EXPL success and WP's -

I recently built 2 Astronomical Observatories in two different colony systems. That same turn I received WP information in both systems as to a WP leading out of the system that was previously unexplored. Prior to that, all of my WP information from EXPL's were between 2 unknown systems.

Also, is there (don't currently believe there is) or will there be a way to Trade WP information? (probably a question for Pete)