Rolling Thunder Forums

Declaration of War

Galreth

The Star Kingdom of Valkor, #232, hereby declares war upon the Eyre, #2335.

An enemy warship has opened fire on an unarmed Valkor exploration vessel in a system to which both parties agreed would have no armed vessels. All previous promises and agreements made by Eyre are also assumed to be empty and now void.

Our diplomats are currently consulting with our allies. Detailed account, including proof of Valkor adherence to unarmed vessels in the agreement, is included below.

** NAVAL BATTLE REPORT **

----- DELIAH [ M (Red) 1 V ] [single Star] - Warp Point 113637 -----

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

Valkor Star Kingdom # 232 [A Three-Pointed Golden Crown Fixed Above A Shield Of Vertical Blue And White Stripes, All Set

Upon A Field Of Black]

187th Recon Sqdn [ROE: R] *Column Attack* (Fleet Tonnage: 10,000)

--------------------[Deploy Location 11] 1 FS RVNS Lewis (Fleet Scout - 10,000 tons [each])-----------------------------

Fire Control: Fair .. Maneuverability: Ponderous .. Sensors: Groping .. Shields: None .. Structural Integrity: Average

1 Type A Defense Screen

** Imperial Navy Report: Fleet Order of Battle **

The Eyre # 2335 [Jolly Roger On A Black Background]

Picket Defense [ROE: Z] *Standard Line* (Fleet Tonnage: 26,900)

--------------------[Deploy Location 2] 1 FF Warp Defender (Frigate - 26,900 tons [each])-------------------------------

Fire Control: Phenomenal .. Maneuverability: Ponderous .. Sensors: Blind .. Shields: None .. Structural Integrity: Sturdy

10 20cm Gauss Gun (Projectile) .... 10 Laser CIDS .... 10 Light Sonic Disintegrator (Sonic) .... 4 Mk I Deflector .... 5,000

Titanium Composite Armor

An Eyre Frigate disintegrates a Valkor Star Kingdom Fleet Scout that it spots in the Deliah system.

After analyzing the sensor logs of the foul breach of agreement and assault on the unarmed Valkor vessel which was complying to all previously agreed conditions of naval movement within the Deliah system, I, Emperor Locklyn of the Genesian Gremloid Technocracy have found the Eyre to be in violation of their accords with the Star Kingdom of Valkor.

By the our previous mutual defense agreement with the Star Kingdom we hereby Declare war on the Eyre and publically condemn it's piratical ways, treacherous behaviour and total disregard for all that is honor.

The Genesian Gremloid Technocracy stands by it's allies.

Locklyn Phoenix

Emperor of the Genesian Gremloid Technocracy

We find it amusing that we are being declared the foul player. Let me state for the record:

deliah was declared neutral space. In agreement for this system being neutral space Valkor was to provide PMAPs, GEOs and CSVs of the system. This was started but all communications from Valkor ceased 2 months ago and he has refused to communicate. The ship as defined is a Warp Picket ship and was allowed within system to protect the system since Deliah led to Eyre space.

Neither the Eyre nor it's compatriots have historically been known to adhere to agreements or respect for it's own word.

An armed ship attacking an unarmed ship in provocation is no matter of defense.

If you were worried about defense of the deliah system then you do the same you have advocated several times, put ships on the other side of the WPs armed for ships breaching the Deliah Wps into your system instead of sending an armed vessel into a DMZ on Zulu orders.

Your intent was clear, you intended to provoke a war. Congratulations, you have one. No further communication will be given to the Eyre or accepted.

Locklyn Phoenix

We would wonder who the GGT are and how they have any historical knowledge of who we are. On a side note rumour has it Mr. GGT himself traded an empire. Amazing we find that considering the howling he and his "ilk" did about some other actions.

The Eyre -

PS - I tremble in fear...really I do.

"We find it amusing that we are being declared the foul player. Let me state for the record:

deliah was declared neutral space. In agreement for this system being neutral space Valkor was to provide PMAPs, GEOs and CSVs of the system. This was started but all communications from Valkor ceased 2 months ago and he has refused to communicate."

I am not allied to Mad Martin. However, it appears an alliance agreement was broken by not supplying the information. This type of issue has almost caused wars before. He should have answered the hails from the ship in the last two months. A violation of the treaty means that system is not owned by anybody. If someone has their head in the sand and is not talking and hiding behind a bud alliance. Baahh. I would shoot as well.

If you stick your head in the sand and won't talk I will shoot it off with a laser.

:python:

Don't worry lost worlds...the Valkor was suppose to have 1 maybe 2 ships in system and they should be at planets doing their stuff...oh wait we have a new explorer class ship at the warp point....oh and one has to wonder if it is the warp point going back to him and the Locklyn's of the world or on into my space...

Tisk Tisk....

MadMartinB Posted on Jul 30 2004, 09:00 PM

deliah was declared neutral space. In agreement for this system being neutral space Valkor was to provide PMAPs, GEOs and CSVs of the system. This was started but all communications from Valkor ceased 2 months ago and he has refused to communicate. The ship as defined is a Warp Picket ship and was allowed within system to protect the system since Deliah led to Eyre space.

Eyre's poor attempt to now take the "political high road" is laughable. What, could you not send a message? Destroying a ship seemed the "better road" to you? Do not be deceived...there were exactly zero hails from the honorless Eyre and no responses to Valkor comms. We've heard enough. There is no debating a fantasy writer with such high skill for fiction.

Emperor Locklyn is correct--there is no trusting anything from the Eyre. The provocation was as intentional as it was clumsy. The streak of deceit is long and storied with this enemy. You have your war, sir.

On a side note rumour has it Mr. GGT himself traded an empire. Amazing we find that considering the howling he and his "ilk" did about some other actions.

:python: Pirate, :jawdrop:

Amazing that we find an empire swapper comment about others who swap and do the exact same bloody thing that he has done.

Some people were against skimming gas giants but do it now because it is part of the game whether they liked it or not.

The precedent has been set for empire swapping. My mum always said "be careful what you wish for, you might just get it".

:thumbsup: You, indeed, have gotten what you wished for; both empire swapping, and plenty of attention.

I hope that your bombers do enjoy the incoming 6cm Gatling Gauss Gun CIDS in the upcoming Eeyore Turkey Shoot.

Cheers, :cheers:

Henry Morgan

Actually Morgan, if MMB had bothered to check through the listings he would have noticed that I have never ever stated anything on the boards about Empire svapping one way or the other. My personal opinion is that Pete keeps an eye on this and if it keeps more empires in the game that have real people controlling them then well and proper. The game is tediously slow the first thirty or so turns so you might as well be kept busy by a multitude of empires untill you find one that grows on you or encounters friends that you enjoy playing with.

I have never svapped Empires, ie traded one empire for another. I have dropped empires in the past and allowed players to take them over, without recompensation or such, and yes, these were not empires situated next to empires the new empires already controlled but empires that had not encountered anyone. In the same vein I have taken on empires that have been dropped and I have thought fun to play or that have just been offered to me by people who have thought I would play that race well and proper. I have always assumed and sincerely hope that Pete and Russ monitor such transactions.

As for ignoring communications on these boards, I really hate that anyone can create any number of handles and post whatever drivel they wish and you never ever know who is behind the handle. What would have been great would have been if Russ had allowed one handle per Empire played, under that name and one extra handle for a player, for player related discussions. Now you never know if it's one of the couple of players who fancy running 12 alternate personas that have conflicts with themselves just to ruffle things up or other mindgames with people.

My conflict with The Eyre is simple in one manner, The Star Kingdom of Valkor is a good, loyal and foremost trustworthy ally. Not because he is ex-GSL, but because he has proven through his actions, his words and his commitment that he is a man of honour, integrity and great deal of humour and one that I am proud to call friend and ally, otherwise I would not have allied myself with the Valkor Starkingdom and it's "Goverment". The Eyre constantly said one thing when in the GSL and then proceeded to do another, much like an errant, willful child that could only see it's own needs and wants and could not contemplate the good for the greater whole as it's goverment time after time broke it's own word. Hence the GGT has always had the greatest distrust for the Eyre and those choosing to ally itself with them and now it has been proven and thus is enough for us.

Make of it what you will, support which side you wish but remember to scour the boards and make light of the erratic, piratical and non-coherent nature of the Eyre and wonder well, if perchance, the next "accident" will befall your ships, your worlds or your trust in the Eyre.

I will say no more on this and bid you well met on the starlanes.

/

Locklyn Phoenix

While I don't know what the entire beef between MMB and the GSL is exactly it really doesn't matter. MMB is playing a pirate as a pirate should be played....devious. Having been a gamer for years I could never condemn anyone who chooses to play that way since it is part of the game. There are no game rules that state you have to keep your word in an agreement or even that you have to play nice. If you don't like the way MMB plays his empire then hunt him down and kill him "in game". Personal attacks against the player really are unneccessary and only cause ill will, not only for those involved but also for anyone who believes either side of the story.

We are playing a game which has espionage built into it (Special Agents) and that part of the game has proven to be MMB's forte'. I would even be willing to bet that deception is a part of every player's accepted actions as long as they are the ones doing the deceiving. Every one of us can be deceived at any time but revenge is best served "in game" rather than personal attacks.

Of course I fully expect to be pummelled for these statements but they had to be said.

IC:

The Consultatum has consulted and unanimously instructed me, the Consulted-One-Who-Is-Consulted, to take up our obligations under the mutual defense treaty between the Valkor Star Kingdom and the Boo Consulate. Accordingly, effective immediately, the Boo declare a state of war to exist between them and the piratical race know as the Eyre.

Honored One Perota

Boo Consulate

OOC:

:python:

Honored Phasedragon,

No pummelling will be given or expected for your wise words. The Eyre government were unfortunately of this rather conflicting nature before they revealed that they were a piratical empire, they conviently waited untill they had siphoned off enough GSL data and then decided not to want to live up to the requirements, and it seemed to spread like a proteanice viral agent to those governments in close association with the Eyre hence the surprise of the GGT government when what was said and what was done by the Eyre did not add up.

That my verbal declarations are targeted at MMB is simply because he chose to use that communication handle for Eyre business in this galactic fora instead of the confusing multitudes of other and I still try and intend to keep it clean. I would have preferred to have much otherwise as I quite enjoyed the initial contacts with the charming, roguish and sometimes very witty Eyre goverment.

Again, the war with the Eyre is a matter of trust. I believe the Eyre broke their agreements with the Valkor and having shown me no reason to trust them based on their past actions their credibility is zero in this matter contrary to the Valkor.

Having a mutual defense pact with the Valkor also means I get involved, not because we're ex-GSL, not because I need a reason to go after the Eyre personally because then I would have gone after all the Empires but simply because I am ally and friend of the Valkor. I chose once to share all my data with the Eyre government which has my HW data among many things. I do not have the same of him.

Real OOC: I have played PBM games for twenty years and I've seen these sort of things before, have encountered them also too many times to count and I wholeheartedly agree with you Phase and would have said "aw shucks, I got foiled again" if it had been dependant on actions within the game. Now I won't say any more about this as I really don't like mudslinging and bear no grudge or real anger on this matter, just a matter of whom you choose to trust.

As a note, I am all for Espionage, WITHIN the game, which still does not work as does not diplomacy (Special Agents are still so much wallflowers) , so those that decide to take it outside the game must also be prepared to be judged by how their player acts with those he meets instead of how his empire does.

And I said I would speak no more about this, what a blabbermouth I am, again my apologies.

Cheers

/Locklyn/Lars